plastic pants or bed pads suggestions

Archives1

Staff member
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for plastic pants over my night diaper. Long story short, I’ll be going on my first cruise this summer and want to make sure I am well protected. I use diapers now and don’t regularly have any issues with leaks but I fear the combo of traveling, adjusted sleep pattern, and alcohol could effect that. As a result I’m just looking for something to have on over my diaper as a back-up.

I typically run hot at night so something breathable would be preferred if possible.

Or would i just be better of bringing some disposable bed pads with me?

Thanks!

Babykins.com has some great plastic pants. Northshorecare.com has a new series of pants called trifecta that so far so good and a bit less hot.

I cast a vote for Babykins.com too. They started their company for the infant/baby/toddler market, but saw the need for adult incontinence products, so they created their KINS line for adults.

I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants for my bedwetting, so I've tried many brands from different companies. I prefer the Kins plastic pants over other brands because of the elastics they use at the leg and waist. They call it "soft lycra bindings". Other brands of plastic pants I've used have regular elastic bands, which tend to cut into my skin and leave red marks, and itch. This doesn't happen with the Kins plastic pants. I also wear the Kins plastic pants over my disposable daytime diapers, since I've had disposable diapers fail on occasion.

I can't comment on the Kins adult diapers, since I use cloth diapers from AdultClothDiaper.com

Thanks for suggestions! Question for both of you - how helpful are plastic pants if I flood my diaper enough to leak?

Would a bed pad or booster be a better option perhaps?

I’m with all of the above! Was injured and lost both bowel & bladder back in 87 just out of grad school. Back then the only adult disposables were like a couple of paper towels wrapped in a garbage bag! Needless to say I had to use cloth with plastic pants for years until they started making anything even resembling what we have today.
The only reason for the history is I’ve tried too many suppliers to count & Kins just does it right! Customer service is outstanding as well.
You mentioned you’ll be on a cruise, which to me equates to HOT weather! Kins makes a lightweight Taffeta pant that is incredibly lightweight & comfortable especially in warm weather. Not only that, I’ve got a couple pairs of them that still look like new, 3+ years later.
Regular go-to are the 21300 with 1” waist. The lightweights are vinyl and have a textured surface which I find a bit better in hot weather as well. I use one pair or another 24/7, it’s hard to go wrong!

PS the polyester pants seem more industrial, and to me not very comfortable???
Best of luck, hope you enjoy your cruise worry free!

I would definitely take disposable bed pads which are unfortunately bulky, and also, don’t get too drunk.

I use a combination of tena maxi slips and mylesta nylon pants when I travel and take disposable bed pads if I am not going to have laundry facilities. Or a washable Kylie if I can get it washed easily.

Plastic pants can be good for little leaks but not for floods. If I were you I’d use plastic pants and bed pads to be safe. I wear these plastic pants to bed over cloth and disposable and haven’t leaked on to my sheets. The higher the waist the better in my opinion, as you’re more likely to avoid leaks out the top of your nappy.

@snow thanks! Do you have any recommendations for a specific bed pad that you have used and found success with? (And I don't plan on getting drunk - but I already wet heavily without alcohol so even a single drink really amplifies it a bit more).

@Rowan123 Thank you for the link! I will definitely look into those! You said they are good for a little leak but anything more and they won't really be super effective, right?

Also, do you have a specific disposable bed pad that you have used that has worked well for you?

North shore has a great disposable bed pad, air plus or something. The leakmaster pul pants are really good.

I have been very happy with my few pairs of Gary wear active brief diaper covers. Only had a few leaks out of them and it was always with a diaper that I messed up by pulling it down for a bowel movement before having this ostomy surgery. The only other time I have had leaks with them was with a pul-up or a daytime diaper.