Plastic Pants / diaper cover

Archives1

Staff member
Hi - I'm hoping this forum has answers to what you would think is a simple thing. I've been incontinent at night for quite some time. Diapers with a liner have been doing the trick most night. However, with heavier wetting during the night and with now some daytime accidents - I've looked for a diaper cover to assist at night time.

There are a lot to choose from - but not sure about one thing. How tight should they be at the legs - I've found some that seem to fit - but seem to be tight in the legs and make my legs ache. I don't want to cause clotting. Also some seem to rip pretty easily.

Ideally, I could find some that kink of look like boxers with a wide leg band instead of the thin choking kind.

Any ideas will be helpful -

Thanks -

Coolest and most comfortable and durable for me have been Garywear Active Brief, they are PUL and breathable. Next I like the Gary Euroflex pull on and for extra coverage they make a great bloomer. These are very thin and also wear like iron and are pretty odor proof. Not as cool though and I dont love against the skin but a lycra pant under them is great (And they crinle if you done wear right pants over). After that you are in to plastic pants, tons out there. I really like the Kins (babykins see adult section) shorter bloomer - very close to what you are looking for I think. my final go to are the Leakmaster from adultclothdiaper. need to size up and to your point can be tight on the leg. That said, they have been leakproof for me and contain odors the best. It has been trial and error hope this helps a little

On another note, I have been experimenting with fabrics from Wazoodle - they make all kinds of PUL and lined PUL fabrics. I made my own stretchy boxer like brief with wide elastics. Not cheap but you can always make your own!

Good luck

They should not be painful. Unfortunately this is a trial and error process because everyone is different bodily and every product is a different cut. The one thing I believe most here would advise is to go with PUL - it is a material and others can better explain it- I don't have any experience using it yet. Good luck.

I use them at night. Because i rip the back of my dieper some times. My wife thinks i might go to scratch and itch and tear it. During the day if were going on a long outing.

For over cloth and night use, I like the Haian plastic pants.
Sold on Amazon
They have wide sealed waist and leg bands.
Very comfortable, very soft and quiet.
I have a day time cover by EcoAble that is also soft. It is made of a lighter pul material.
It is a snap on style
For night or day.

1c53d8efeda42f91284535cc9cdda63e.jpg
1c53d8efeda42f91284535cc9cdda63e.jpg
8aec031735f89181fec995ed31080294.jpg
cd1239d0b763a293df8486b6ea320774.jpg

I like the Haian plastic pants for hunting deer. I feel they help lock in urine odor with the seald in elastics.

I have used Gary, Babykins, Leakmaster, and Haian. My favorite type are the Pul. I have learned the most important sizing for me are the legs. My legs are very big and I have to go on the higher side for waist to get the stretch size of the leg in the middle. As said above bodies are different but getting your leg size in the middle of the leg stretch size should help.

Another vote for the Gary Wear Active Briefs. I’ve used them for years and they do a great job of containing leaks and feeling comfortable while concealing the diaper underneath. They will wick moisture past the leg elastics if pooling occurs, but for the most part, they’ll contain leaks until you get to a point where you can change.

Best of luck, and pay attention to the leg fits. I size mine to fit the middle of the range of leg sizes from smallest to largest diameters. They’re snug, but not tight.

I use Gary wear PUL briefs and I like them but they do have a life. I have several pairs that I bought two years ago or more that have started to leak. butthe newer ones don;t.

Years ago I bought Suprima pants from a company in Florida B4NS I think it was. Those things last for every! I still have some that are at least 15 years old.

I think I have tried just about every kind of product for men and unisex .... I would like a brief for side sleepers. disposable. I have some very good reusables.