Perfomance at work

Archives1

Staff member
This happened to me several years ago, probably at least 25years. It was written in my performance appraisal that "I poop too much at work, and i should see a doctor." This was done twice by two different supervisors. I wasn't bowel incontinent at that time, nor I am now. I would go to the bathroom after my afternoon break around 2 PM, for about 10 minutes. This was the only "poop" break I took each day. Both supervisors were total a...holes. HR. Is responsible for telling me to go see a doctor. Today they can't do this. After these two people were not my supervisors, I had no more issues about my pooping times. I never changed my habits about the times or length of my poop breaks. I retired from this company after 29years with them with out any more shit.( pun intended).

Wow it’s sad people like your precious supervisors exist. Unfortunately that’s the world we live in I am sorry you had to go through that and really it’s almost even worse since you didn’t have any bowel issues back then. Did you have any urine issues back then? And honestly 10min isn’t even that long...

It is enough to make you glad you retired.
There's some books & articles about workplace bullies and how to deal with them. There should be some about insensitive ... um, the north end of a southbound horse. You'll find you're even busier as a retired person than you were when you were working - so forget the clowns and enjoy.
Every once in awhile, i remember certain supervisors - and go have a beer on what is no longer "company time"!

At that time I had no daytime wetting, only nighttime. No bowel issues except very rare diarrhea, which was never an issue at work. Both of my supervisors "knew everything ther was needed to know." They told me I was doing my job wrong, even though I was doing it without any problems for years. They I did it their way, and it finally bit them in the butt. Eventually, I bid out of the department, and both were either terminated or reassigned.

Hi @artiejr, those supervisors were waaay over the top I think! It is none of their damn business how much time you take pooping and if you did it once a day for only 10 minutes that is not unreasonable at all! Shame on them! Comments about bathroom functions of employees should be completely verboten and in this day and age supervisors who make comments like that in a work evaluation should be called on the carpet! That's patently ridiculous!!!
Reading between the lines, I assume these were relatively new supervisors since you had been there for so many years without any of those evaluation problems before.
And in looking back on and remembering those schlemiels, I'd do what @AlasSouth suggested right above and "go have a beer on what is no longer company time!" 🍺

Both of my supervisors had absolutely no idea on how to do my job, but they told me how they wanted it done. I did it their way only to have them dissatisfied on the outcome. They both screwed themselves and I enjoyed doing it to them. I finally went back to do it my way, the proper way, and then I screwed them without them ever finding out. When I was doing that job, I was by myself. When I left the department, then needed two people to do the same amount and type of work, which I did by myself. Occasionally some things got damaged in transit to the customer when I did it their way, and they tried to blame me for it. I told them it was on them and I didn't get in trouble it, and had numerous coworkers back me up. One supervisor got terminated, the other reassigned.