penile clamp

I bought one because I was getting ready to go back to work. Before you buy one go out to tye garage, stick your penile in a vice! I think you'll save some $

I have been using one for about 4 months. I use the weisner clamp and it is a tremendous help on stopping the leaking. It is adjustable for size and works. It's also very reasonably priced, and simple to use. I am 5 months post surgery and have been alternating days on use for the last 4 month, but have decided to now use it every day bc I know I will be having surgery to implant a AUS (artificial urinary clamp). I have been doing my keegles every day religiously but am still producing 10 ounces of urine every day, so dry is not going to happen for me. Maybe I will take a day every week or so to see how it goes wo the clamp and measure output, but I can't stand sitting in my urine anymore. I don't use it at night just to be safe, but thats just me, and no one told me not to do that?

It's been an emotional life saver for me. Good luck.

I used a penile clamp for 3 years. I’m a sales representative and I travel everyday. Because of the many unpredictable situations I encountered daily I switched to clamps.

I used the Wiesner clamp. The clamp doesn’t hurt when you place it on your penis but it can be painful if you are unable to void in a timely fashion. IE stuck in traffic.

I did modify the clamp with tape to be able to adjust the needed pressure on my urethra. You have to experiment with the right configuration.

The advantages are you don’t have to carry supplies, you can quickly pee and movement is no issue.

Over the years the clamp did wear on me and I reached out to my urologist and decided on a male sling installation.

The sling has been a game changer, not needing pads or clamps. I do restrict caffeine, alcohol and I still have drips and leaks in the right situation but dramatically better than after my prostatectomy.

Had my prostatectomy in '05 and went with pads for maybe 2 years.

Then I began using Cunningham Clamps during the day but continued with a pad overnight (getting up 1-2 times). Despite my expectation of an increased bladder capacity, it went down to 100 ml or less and I had to unclamp on a schedule of 2 hours or less. I would also wrap it all up within a pad for overflow (sort of a "pig in a blanket"). There was wear&tear on the skin of the penis that would promptly.

All this is complicated further by my physical handicap of Inclusion Body Myositis, leaving me with progressive muscle fiber loss. My hands are now quite weak and less able to properly manage the clamp. (That would have also been the case if I had had the sling procedure.)

Back about 4 years ago I experimented with condom catheter and belly bag. After a while I got to most days totally dry, emptying only every 4-5 hrs and even going overnight as long as I restrict my evening fluids. Yes, there are wet events but I'm satisfied with how it's going. On shower days, all is taken down and I use a clamp for part of that day.

Eventually though my hands won't be able to manage getting the condom on.

i use clamps some, in the past i used them every day. I have tried several different ones. Its worth a try in my opinion. It can make your skin a tad tender or sore so when you reclamp try to move it some so its not in the exact same spot all the time.

@snow isnt Poise Impressa something simular for ladies? I have seen advertisements for this, I havent known anyone personally that uses it that I know of.

I tried one for a while, hoping to buy enough time to get to the restroom. It did its job well when my urgency episodes let up quickly, but as things progressed and the episodes got longer, the clamp wasn't really suitable anymore.

For those who say it's a torture device or works like a vise, I'd suggest trying it before you pass judgement. When correctly used and adjusted, it's comfortable to the point that you don't really notice it. If it hurts or causes discomfort or swelling, you're using it wrong.

@Ruhappy Impressa goes *inside* the vagina, just like a tampon or a pessary. It doesn’t clamp the urethra like a penile clamp. And no, tampons, aren’t comfortable, especially not 24/7.

Yeah, I imagine that’s true.
I have seen some urethral insert in the past that was designed for women. I think it was in the NAFC resource guide several years ago. Seemed like a creative idea but not sure of the success rate since I haven’t heard or seen anything about them since.
Pluses and minuses to everything I guess.

I use one all the time when I go to the beach.

They're not comfortable really but it's effective. you have to make sure it's on correctly and tight but not too tight. And they're not for long term wear as they can restrict blood flow.

I head into the water periodically to unclamp and let it fly.

Diapers at the beach just doesn't work for me.

@kaufpw Did you try a penile clamp?

I used the Lunderg Confidence clamp for months 4 and 5 (January and February). I am at 5 and 1/2 and agreed to not use the clamp for a week to record (weight) how I am doing. I was weighting the pads for two days once every 3 weeks.

I am leaking 30 ounces or 25% of what I drink.

I found the clamp very helpful. I like not having the release feeling of pee filling up my pad or pullup every time I get out of my vehicle. I tried it out for the first week around my house. I did have one strange feeling when walking, so I do not wear the clamp while walking. The clamp is not made to wear while sleeping.

Instructions to release every 1 to 2 hours