Pelvic Pain

Archives1

Staff member
Pelvic pain, has been something Women suffered with. Many suffer with no clear answers. Men have suffered with this illness, many never talking to their PCP. As I have this affliction, I wonder if others here, Women or Men have fought this dreaded ailment. I do have a active Urology Nurse PA that is digging into this and trying to find some answers. She has already started me on some medications, and to really get them out of the way if they don't help.

Botox to my bladder has helped to eliminate my pain. Unfortunately, it only lasts for 6-8 months, but it can be repeated. I feel like a brand new person after I get the Botox. Weekly Acupuncture with a stimulator attached to the needle inserted near my ankle also provides continued relief. Works better for me than PTNS.

Yes, I have had Botox, but it I went into complete urinary retention. Which really through a wrench into my life, as I ended up having a Foley. They do want me to try again. But very hesitant. Acupuncture might be a idea. I haven't done Urgent PC (PTNS) yet, as I would need to drive a 160 mi trip, and haven't read to much success.

The problem with PTNS is you really need the best, highly trained Nurse to do the procedure. One out of ten seem to get the spot right. For me, Acupuncture alone without the stimulator attachment did nothing for me and I use to go 3 times a week for that. Truly a waste of my time. Good luck and please let us all know if you find something that works. Even strong pain meds did not take away my pain. Glad I don’t do those any longer.

I can understand that. I don't know what will be next, the meds are hard on me, (3) I'm not sure of some of this. And she brought up B&O suppositories, and also something to do with Valium. They do not sound appealing to me at all.
Yes my pain is the same, nothing can help.

Sorry to hear about suffering from pelvic pain. I had this about 12 years ago. Mine turned out to be a bad uti.

I switch between baclofen and diazepam suppositories along with pelvic floor PT. Hasn't done much for bladder issues, but has helped considerably with pain. I recommend giving them a try, just add extra protection to whatever you wear for night. They've given me much better and restful sleep, but my nighttime wetting has gotten heavier. I use a brief with a booster, and I stopped wearing pants because it's not uncommon for me to leak onto a bed pad as well.