Pelvic Floor

Archives1

Staff member
Has anyone here been diagnosed with Pelvic Floor dysfunction and been told that it contributes to bladder issues?

I've heard that many women who have given birth experience this. I may be wrong, I'm just repeating what I've heard.

My urologist has me in physical therapy to increase my pelvic floor muscles to diminish leaking following prostate surgery. Fairly simple Keegle exercises. Been through two treatments. Seems to be helping.

The pelvic floor exercises were very helpful for me. I would recommend them to anyone. Be sure to use a therapist trained in this field. You need to strengthen and learn how to relax the muscles.

Actually my therapist stated that not every person with Pelvic Floor can be treated with Kegel exercises. It is more complicated than that and there are lots of different therapies and exercises specifically for Pelvic Floor. Kegel's are not recommended for my specific issue.

Although a lot of people do experience prolapse, etc. after having a baby, it is not specific to childbirth or complications after childbirth. It appears that Ireland and Australia are a lot further with this condition, but what they are discovering is that it, and treating it properly can sometimes be the cause of incontinence.