Pecutaneous tibial nerve stimulation

Archives1

Staff member
I have over active bladder for a couple of years. Last year I had a fall on ice and had x rays. They found out about hydrocephalus and I got a shunt. Everything is good except incontince and uti. The doctor now recommends ptns. Who has it done and what was the outcome

Hi Laila,

I have had PTNs, and I feel good about it. It worked very well for me. Scheduling problems and Covid prevented me from getting PTNS for several months. I am looking forward to having my first treatment in a long time on Monday. It worked best when I had it once a week, but every other week also worked well. Good luck!

I'm a male 73 yrs old. I have had overactive bladder for many years, but finally got very mad about it, and got help. Pills, no help here, so started with TURP surgery. This helped with the flow, dribbles, and help with to empty bladder. My OAB continued which we knew it probably would. Tried PTNS weekly and it helped reduce my number of trips to the bathroom and urgency. Covid-19 issues interrupted treatment and then began again. Monthly treatments began and then got stopped due to VA issues. I got mad again and went for Interstim Therapy Stages I and II. You can google it. The therapy is helping but I am only five days out from Stage II. Long story short, good outcomes with PTNS.

Afsc43250

I had PTNS several years ago. It helped some - it wasn't a magic bullet for me, but it was definitely an improvement.

I stopped because I switched jobs, so that instead of working two miles from my doctor's office, I worked 60 miles away. That made it hard to make it to regular appointments. If not for that, I probably would have continued.