PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)

Archives1

Staff member
Any women here with PCOS? I have PCOS and OAB with leaking. My OAB symptoms are incredibly varied, sometimes I go weeks with little to no symptoms and then it hits for 3-14 days. During the “bad” times I have issues with urgency, incontinence, bedwetting, etc. I was just wondering if anyone else has the same bladder issues with PCOS?

Only have bed wetting problems and day time incontinence I don't have pcos but I have a friend who has it

I have both and my symptoms seem to be exactly like yours. I'm beginning to wonder if the OAB isn't worsened by the hormonal imbalance caused by my PCOS. My symptoms do seem to have decreased some with the use of oral contraceptives but they haven't completely gone away.

@LovelyPhoenix I was 1st diagnosed with PCOS about 18months ago by my obgyn. My obgyn was adamant that PCOS doesn’t cause/have anything to do with bladder issues. I didn’t believe her because the bladder issues are so unpredictable and always coincide with at least one other PCOS symptom e.g. increased acne, spotting, cramping, fatigue, etc. Not to mention I am not diabetic, I’ve never had children, no trauma to the pelvic floor! There is no other reason for the OAB symptoms and incontinence. Anyway.. I just went for my physical with my primary care physician who informed me that a high percentage of women with PCOS have bladder issues but no one has figured out what the correlation is. I take birth control and metformin, since starting the metformin the bladder issues don’t seem to be quite as bad. I’m just glad to know I’m not the only one experiencing this!