Parent with UI.

Ron...
we just received a patent on our external aid, which is a soft external flexible sleeve-like device...and the only one on the market. If your dad would like to join our volunteer test group, we'd be happy to send a unit. Small detail: it's not for sale as yet, while we seek an industry partner that will take it to market. He will at least know what's possible and what's coming that will give him some peace of mind. We are all familiar with what his day looks like. For info, send an email to amhelp@comcast.net. Best wishes. DG

DG,
Who can join your volunteer test group?
I would be interested in joining if possible.
Thanks

Mike

My dad also has moderate alzhiemers. He has tried at least 4 brands of overnight diapers at night and during the day. He may just pee like a rhinoceros but I was hoping there was some other ideas. My mother said he would not wear an external catheter. Please keep coming with suggestions

@Ronnegray,

Hi. I’m not sure what brands you have tried - but for overnight leakage I have found Tranquility ATN brand is sufficient for overnight purposes. Also I would look into Northshore branded “Supreme” Adult Diapers - as I’ve used them for nighttime leakage as well. Both are relatively discreet but offer more absorbency than cloth attends I’ve used and suffered from leaks in the past with.

My daytime urge incontinence is sporadic so I will typically use my nighttime product during the day when I am suffering the worst. Both products I’ve mentioned can be worn during the day and should provide enough support without issue.

Hope this helps. 30 and been suffering for the past 4 years.

Hi RonneG
Do you mean he is leaking from the top, back,sides around legs of his diaper?
Could be many things
Things to check for
*Is the correct size diaper being worn
*Is the best fitted diaper for his body type used.
*Is the adequate absorbency of diaper being used.
*Consider higher capacity nighttime diapers like Northshore MegaMax, or Abena M4 or L4 style diaper. Others
* use of added booster pads, Tranquility or Northshore, others
* Frequency of changes needed per day.
Just thoughts and ideas to consider.

@Ronnegray

Big tip i tell newbie’s on here all the time is to get in touch with Northshore care. there samples are a great resource for finding out what you need and what works.

The owner is also very active here on the forums.

Thanks for all the suggestions. We will surely try them ALL. It is amazing to me that we can send a man or women to the moon but we cant seem to find a product to absorb one massive piss. We fight on. Thanks again for everyone's time.

@Ronnegray There are multiple men here on the forum who use “plastic pants” which can come in the form of a plastic underwear that goes over the diaper to prevent leaks, or even literally plastic pants that are like pajama pants. Guys, can you fill Ronne in about those? @ThatFLGuy recently made a post about it. This can catch extra fluid that leaks from the diaper.

I just ordered the plastic briefs that go OVER the pull ups. Pretty expensive but cost not a factor if it works. I will keep you posted on the progress. Thanks.

@Ronnegray,

If you are using a pull up product - I would recommend getting samples of the Northshore GoSupreme pull ons - pull ons don’t work good for me at night but they should be the most absorbent product on the market for pull ups.

Just trying to help - the waterproof covers should help as well. I was thinking of buying them for night time for odor control.

Sincerely,
Honeeecombs

Ronnegray said:
I just ordered the plastic briefs that go OVER the pull ups. Pretty expensive but cost not a factor if it works. I will keep you posted on the progress. Thanks.

WHICH one did you order?