ordering just more than diapers from northshore

Archives1

Staff member
i wanted to have extra diapers on hand for this virus thing in case anything happens. im broke and my folks said they would help me with a northshore order. i ordered a few extra things like barrier cream, no rinse wash, and powder. i need to start taking care of my skin better.

anyone have any experience with other northshore products besides diapers? and anyone have any tips on using barrier cream?

thanks

I wish I could order from North Shore they would be much better to deal with than my current provider unfortunately if I want my supplies through Medicaid I have to order through J&B Medical I placed my order a week ago and it still shows pending at least they are providing Abena and they ship months worth

Aloe Vista Protective Ointment is by far the best...... my second is Burts Bees Diaper Rash Cream. Honestly the Aloe Vesta is more expensive but totally worth it. Trust me buy the Aloe Vesta.

@justej Regards cream, look for one that has Zinc in it. Zinc is very good at healing skin. In the UK we have Sudocrem and if you apply a pea shaped amount, that will be enough to form a barrier and still let the skin breathe. It's important to put the thinnest layer on because skin is porous and needs to breathe.

I would like to try the Megamax diaper but they cost too much to deliver to the UK.

@dpcare - j&b doesn’t work with dc Medicaid. And I’ve tried pushing for abenas with no luck. Northshore is great though. I won’t work with anyone else.

Regarding the barrier cream - I don’t know if the northshore brand has zinc. I know not to use a lot of it and I remember hearing that creams can break down the diaper. I’m hoping because it’s Northshore brand though that it won’t.

I've used Calmoseptine ointment for years (it's the best) and I've never had an issues with it breaking down a diaper.

I've only used their wipes (other than diapers)....I like them...big, clean smell. never tried their creams.

Mike - I also like their wipes. I get my wipes through Medicaid and they are about the same. I also got samples of their chux pads. Once again I get those through Medicaid but I’m looking into getting some others to have on hand.

Hope everything can get what they need.I live in the san francisco bay area, and we were put on shelter in place on tues morning. Now the whole state has followed. this is so staggeringly drastic. but friends and neighbors are volunteering to shop and cook for me, and I so welcome all of them.

Yes I hope so too @boasammy

FedEx is out for delivery with my Northshore order. And ups is out with my Medicaid order. It’s a big package day here. Hahah

Friends have brought me food and I’ve done some delivery orders.

They have yet to do a stay order here in dc but I wouldn’t be surprised if one was coming.

@dpcare - that’s good!
I got my Northshore order a few minutes ago. They didn’t include the chux pads so I had to call and reorder those. The barrier cream, powder and no rinse stuff is all medline brand. Which is fine just wasn’t expecting that. I’ve used the no rinse several times in the hospital so I’m familiar with it and know it works well. Regarding the powder - what’s the best way to apply it? I was thinking just putting some in my hand and rubbing it on. I wonder if I can get this stuff through Medicaid. Has anyone done that?

I get through my current Medicaid provider J&B Medical which s the only authorized Medicaid supplier for Wisconsin Medicaid they provide diapers,chux pads, and gloves any powders barrier creams or wipes I have to provide myself unless I have a bad enough diaper rash that needs medical attention I typically get corn starch baby powder either at the dollar tree or Walmart the Equate brand from Walmart seems to be the one I get the most

usually, when I change I do so standing up I lean against the wall to hold the diaper in place to avoid getting powder on my hands which will cause the tapes not to sick if you get powder on the tapes I will tape both tapes on one side and before fastening the other side I will point the powder don into the top and give it a couple of squeezes before fastening the other side the big thing is not to get powder on the tapes or the spot where the tapes land

justej said:
Ok the powder is definitely going to be a learning curve. Especially standing up. Hahaha.