One of these periods…

Archives1

Staff member
I guess I am not the only one with periods that are better and periods that are worse. My IBD issues can flare and result in more fecal accidents - or my bladder can act up - giving a feeling of peeing constantly with stronger urgency - and even with frequent urination it seems like the volume is significant each time. Leaks are more frequent and life gets more miserable.
I have had a bad period lately and during the week-end it has been particularly bad. Is it just a bad period and leave me going back to normal - or is it continuing and an indication that something has changed?
I have no pain - and don’t suspect UVI, my blood sugar has been ok - but if it is not easing off - I might go and have a check to rule out diabetes.
Anyone else with downturns like this?

I know how to manage - it is pads or pull-ups during the day. And diapers at night. I can’t allow myself to fully wake up every half hour for a better part of the night.

I just needed to vent a bit - thank you for listening to me.

I go periods of time when my bladder just rebels usually when my arthritis and the pain is flaring up. Just part of life's journey it seems to be!

I used to go through some rough patches too. But now I just take it all in stride as nothing I do can change it. I have lost all feeling in my bladder so I just go when my body wants sometimes a little all the time and sometimes a lot. It’s hard to adjust but I must. For six months or mane longer, my bowels have started acting up too. I used to have a firm stool but lately they are very soft and when the urge to go hits, it’s right now and messy. Again it’s something I have to deal with. Yes my doctors know about it. In time I hope they can offer me help.

Just remember, we all have problems good or bad. We have to live with them. I love life and try to make the best out of my conditions. I have had many other things as bad or worse in my life. It’s easy to blame ourselves or others. In reality we are our own worst demons. Self pitted isn’t can be a real kill-joy literally. Be positive life is full of joy too. Take care and be kind to yourself. Life is full of sweetness too. Take care and I pray life gets better for you soon.

Follow-up:
After a terrible migraine hit me today, I googled a connection. And it is a typical condition to experience before a migraine attack. Quite common. I have other common triggers - that makes me feel bad, but I haven’t connected frequent voiding with my migraine. But now I do…