One month post rsRARP.

Archives1

Staff member
70 year old guy,just had a prostatectomy this past valentine's day.I have been totally unable to control my bladder ever since I removed the catheter. I dribble and leak some sitting and laying down but when I stand up I have an immediate flush of my bladder.I never get the urge to pee except sometimes during the night.I've been over doing the kegels and am going to cut back to what the doc recommended.I walk quite a bit weather permitting,2 to 4 miles every day and a few 6 mile days.I'm just curious anyone else have similar symptoms? Seems like my problem is what I've read as being severe incontinence.Thanks

Terry

Keep up what you are doing, patience is your friend. Its major surgery, takes time. You'll have good days and bad, but over time you'll see progress. I'm only 61, in pretty good shape, in took about 4-6 weeks until I saw any real progress. 12-15 weeks I'm completely dry!

I had it Feb 5, 2020. I had to lay around a lot due to SEVERE pain and bruising...walking was out of the question until week for and then 1-2 miles. Since I laid around a lot I didnt leak much as no pressure on bladder. At week 5 it got worse. Wirking on kegels. I went back to work 2 days ago and had a lot of leakage towards end of day and into evening, as tho my bladder just said WTH. Been doing good most nights during sleep,even getting a better sleep than before. Time, quality of surgeon, etc. Seems like most people are gaining ground.

Yes, you'll notice as the day goes on, more leakage, but it gets a little better each day. It's a process, a zlow one.

I'm 53 and my surgery was 1/6. I started seeing small progress 5-6 weeks and good progress 8-9 weeks. At the end of 9 weeks I was good with one light shield a day at home which included walking twice a day on treadmill for total of 5 miles, but still need a moderate pad a day when I go to work since I get up and down a lot more. Everyone recovers at different rate and patience is the key, but I know I didn't want to hear that. Keep up what you are doing

I had mine on 11/25/2019. I have had sudden urges w no control and leKed our. Was prescribed oxybutynin cl er 6mg once daily. stopped uncontrolled urges. Seeing pelvic floor pt. In the last week was the first I could go through night without changing pads.

Also yoga with walking a lot. It if getting better but taking time.