O2 levels.

Archives1

Staff member
During spasms, my O2 level drops from 98 to sometimes under 90.

It makes me feel winded for a few minutes after spasms.

Spasms always come with accidents and they suck a lot.

Bladder or fecal spasm? Sounds rough either wsy. I’ve never monitored my oxygen levels except when I had COVID. Maybe make sure you practice good, deep breathing techniques during spasms for the sake of your oxygen and also because it will give you a better sense of self-control. I get horrible back pain and back spasms when I’m getting close to having a bowel movement. I think the movement in my intestines presses on my vertebrae and/or back nerves or muscles. Fortunately women usually poop really fast compared to men so it doesn’t last long.

I run low O2 levels as well. Resting is low 90’s (92-94). I’ve always wondered if there was a correlation between low levels and my urge incontinence. Funny thing is I would never have known my levels were low until it was pointed out to me during a doctor visit.

Respiratory Therapist here. I wouldn’t be to concerned with oxygen saturation levels until they remain below 90%. Just take into consideration that insurance doesn’t pay for supplemental oxygen until readings are below 88%. Many people live normal lives with saturations of 90% or above.

@snow

It sucks. When I had Botox into rectal muscles the spasms were gone for months. But it left me like a baby with my bowel accidents.

I would not trust the Urologist that I went to with anything as she never did one test so getting bladder Botox is out until I find a new doctor.

I have never been offered anything else that would calm down the spasms that had a long life span. Or what was offerd would not work due to my bladder issues.