O the things we learn to deal with. Rant and Update.

Archives1

Staff member
One big thing about having an ostomy is that it has a mind of its own.
Thank God I learned to use a disposable bed mat when I change a bag out a long time ago.
Nothing worse than making a mess and not being able to stop it all while still trying to get a new bag on.

Like, HELLO little A-Hole, I only got one set of arms and I am kind of busy...

No, you don't care, you're going to do your things no matter what.

Nothing is worse than a little A-hole talking crap to you and you cannot do anything about it.

Sorry, I know TMI... But if I don't share the humor in this with the day that I had I am going to lose my mind.

So today all around sucked. Had to call Gastroenterology because my doctor never called me to even do a video call about the appointment with the GI nurse. Well, they said that the soonest she can see me is now July of next year... She is now training new GI people so she does not do the normal patient stuff.

So then I had to call my medical case manager to find out what to do about all this... Wel my case manager is no longer with the hospital system that I go to ( I should have gotten a letter about that) So now I have to wait to find out who my new case manager is.

Well, I ended up calling the patient advocate's office for the main hospital. She is going to work to get all this fixed but understands my frustration. She is an RN so I had her read off just the last few things on my medical record. She was like yea, not okay. My GI doctor should have seen me four times already since surgery. She has not responded to messages from coworker within her own department that were sent over a week ago. She also never responded to my PCP, Case manager or surgery follow-up scheduler. So now this was sent to the head of GI for the whole hospital network and the advocate is going to try to get me seen asap by a new doctor.

The big thing that sucks about all of this.

I have to start over with all new doctors and a new case manager.

I got to hope they agree with everything we have done so far. I have to hope that they see the same thing that my other doctors do or in just a few months I will not be able to live as I will have no way to pay for even the bear necessities of life.

It is so stupid that the hospital does not communicate with people about what is going on so that things like this do not happen.

Well that is my rant for the night.

@ThatFLGuy

This sentence you wrote, “Like, HELLO little A-Hole, I only got one set of arms and I am kind of busy...” is one of the best sentences I’ve ever read in my life!!!!!

This is all terrible news, all of it, but especially that your Case Manager is gone, because as I recall, she was a good support for you. And you’re correct, it is insane what we learn to live with. Maybe you’ll luck out and get someone even better. One can hope.

That sucks, but sounds so typical for our medical system. Individually most doctors care a great deal about their patients, but then you find those doctors that don't. The organizations that dictate the rules that the doctors have to follow rarely care at all about the patients.

I hope that the new case manager is as good as the old one, and the new GI doc is better than the old one!

ltapilot said:
That sucks, but sounds so typical for our medical system. Individually most doctors care a great deal about their patients, but then you find those doctors that don't. The organizations that dictate the rules that the doctors have to follow rarely care at all about the patients.

I hope that the new case manager is as good as the old one, and the new GI doc is better than the old one!

It's unfortunately not the doctors choice in some regards anymore; it is the transitioning to a "Standard Level of Care" that gives experienced doctors less of a say in terms of how they treat patients and PEOPLE in terms of care.

I wish we could go back to the days of Public Hospitals where public services had more clout in the insurance companies rather than private healthcare conglomerates who can work hand in hand with the insurance companies to keep services and products at a high cost.

It is truly sad - but maybe one day things will change. Wise words @Itapilot. Good post.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs