Now I am an expert. Hunting diaper change.

Archives1

Staff member
It's 30° F out and I just had to change a very wet diaper. Got up because my butt was numb from sitting and found I was to wet to wait longer. Yeah, that's a whole new level of cold and challenge.

Brrrr!!!! I hope you were sheltered from any breeze or wind (which exacerbates the cold as we well know!) And now hopefully things are much more comfortable!! Other than that, I hope you're enjoying the day!

Well, that’s one I’ll never experience, but I don’t hunt. I was working a part time job when I had my surgery so I learned to change between customers. I quit the job, too much stress, I thought I could heal faster without it. Jury is still out on that. Happy hunting!

well: it's best to change than to spend the rest of the day wet. I echo what bill said, hope you're enjoying your day!

I guess that would count as an unexpected addition to your skill set. Maybe not for the resume, but you do what you gotta do, right? I've always maintained that incontinence shouldn't stop me from doing what I would otherwise do, and with few exceptions, it hasn't.

I am a year post radical removal, and have most of my functional control back. I give credit to both my Doctors, My Pc who knows exactly how to push me into scary decisions,The techs at Protagenix that made things improve exponentially faster (both physically AND mentally) that I could have alone, and the Urologist who probably saved my life. I have done a lot of Kegels, and still do. The person here who told me to get the zinc oxide to ease the skin damage from the pads, gets a lot of thanks too. I am told I am one of the lucky ones, but I certainly hope that is not entirely true. I wish everyone to have the success I have had post surgery, I was hoping one of you could tell me what fills the area where my prostate used to be, and what part of the prostate controlled continence? The nurses told me that my pelvic floor muscles needed to be strengthend (kegels) to get continence back, but why? They didn't take out my pelvic floor as far as I know? A close friend had to have an artificial sphincter implanted, which must be a replacement for a "natural" sphincter that he (and we) have from birth? Happy and Cancer free Holidays to all of you.