Not sure why

Archives1

Staff member
This is my first post, so bear with me please. I'm a 38 year old man in good health with no history of diabetes, high blood pressure, or other contributing factors that I have read about. I have experienced bedwetting my whole life. When I was 13 I was put on Imipromine to boost my pituitary gland. I shot up several inches in a short time and it helped the night time issue a bit. There have been times in my life where I would wake up wet several times a week. Others, I would be fine for weeks at a time. I have never had an issue during the day. Currently, I have an issue maybe once every six months or so. My wife has been incredibly supportive and I can't thank her enough for her understanding my issue. The only factors we have been able to come up with are that it happens when I am in a deep sleep and stressed out. When I was young my parents would wake up in the middle of the night to wake me to use the bathroom. That was not effective. I have tried several different methods and at this point don't know it my issue is physical or psychological. Has anyone else had this issue where it seems to flare up and then die down?

Great post @Dryguy, I do know this, my spasms, incontinence are worse when there is more stress in my life. They decided (medical team) to put me on antidepressant's and a when needed tranquilizer. It's is not what I wanted, but don't think I had much of a choice. Believe me I have tried dozens of herbals, and potions, nothing has worked. Yes I'm and was a bedwetter.

Here is my urinary schedule right now, 6 times per day self cathing, Foley catheter when needed, to what they say to rest the tired out bladder (isotopic) 3 medications to fight bladder spasms.

My advise to you is try to stay off the medications if you can. They will want you to start them, I assume you have a urologist, and or urology team. And you have had every test under the sun.

If you have questions please ask. We will all try to help you.

I was happy you have a very supportive Wife.

Take a day at a time.

Do you have a sleep apnea or insomnia that sometimes can cause wetting at night. I have both sleep apnea and insomnia, I do wet at night. So I wear diapers 24/7 anyways. I have to because of a small bladder and other medical issues. Talk to your doctor find out if sleep issues or something else. Try a pull ups or something that would keep you dry at night.

Great points @MRjw48 , yes all possible, I have sleep apnea. Day and night wetter. Yes agree, nothing wrong with using daily incontinence protection. Even ask your wife for advise, as she is already on your team!

It sounds a lot like my issue. Although I’ve had less frequent dry periods. My problem gets worse when I’m in a deep sleep or stressed as well. However, I’ve found that if I sleep sitting up, I don’t have that problem. There are some nights that I sleep in my recliner just so that I can wake up dry. I’m looking into seeing if medicine for over active bladder might help.

Upon speaking with my wife this morning after posting, we've decided that I'm going to start taking St. John's wart again to boost my mood. I was clinically diagnosed with depression and PTSD about 5 or 6 years ago and I have had positive results from natural remedies in the past. I have no desire to start prescription drugs that have a whole range of negative effects for one possible positive effect.

I been in the same boat started wetting accidents my wife and I discussed it went to dr and found out that I was a diabetic.My wife and I talked again and protection was the route we chose.Good luck

Stress always makes my wetting worse. I try to be less anxious, but stress is a part of life. I don't handle stress well. I'm a deep sleeper as well.

I have tried oxybutynin with limited success. Myrbetriq didn't work at all. They both make me tired and give me brain fog, so I stopped taking them.
I wear disposable diapers every night because I'd rather have a wet diaper than a wet bed.
During the day, I recently started wearing a diaper if I think I'm going to be out for hours with limited access to a bathroom.

@Dryguy

You hit it on the head. My bedwetting (since a teen) has been sporadic but at times of stress or when over tired I tend to have a greater chance of peeing the bed. You are not alone.

I remember the week going for my job interview process (it was a series of tests and interviews over a 2 month period) I wet my bed like 1-2 times a week during that, but was dry 3 months before and 2 months after the stress and getting the job.