Not so lucky..

Archives1

Staff member
Well had my follow up with the GI doctor from my colonoscopy. He looked over all my records post surgery and then told me what they found. I had a pulp in the part of my colon that they took out with surgery, the issues is that the pulp was a tumor that though non-cancers when they found it is a big no-no tumor. Luckily I no longer have that part of my colon that it grows in but the issues is that those tumors also form in the gut and small intestine so an upper endoscopy is scheduled. Yet another thing to add to my never had one medical records.

If it's any consolation, the preparation for an endoscopic examination of the esophagous, stomach, and duodenum is not as time-consuming and unpleasant as that for a colonoscopy. I've had a couple of them. I don't know how a complete examination of the small intestine is done. I, too, had a might-turn-into-cancer-so-let's-take-it-out polyp (pol-ip) (Sounds a lot like "pulp" in some regional accents) removed during a colonoscopy. I hope that your luck is as good as mine: my next colonoscopy showed no new growths, and, because of my age, I don't have to have them any more unless I show symptoms.