Not a good start to my day

Archives1

Staff member
I had just gotten in the shower when I felt an urge to have a bowel movement. I crawled out and tried to get up on the toilet (slipping in water in a panic) and didn’t fully make it. I had to clean up and throw away my favorite shorts and a shirt. It took twice as long to shower because I just felt defeated. And I’ve been dealing with bursitis in my knees making getting around extremely painful. I’m so over this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such a rough day I hope it gets better for you

2342a70879b51400a8a6077e9f552829.jpg

I am very sorry that your day began so badly. I can appreciate your being so over this. I hope you will feel proud of yourself for cleaning up after yourself, and not giving up in defeat. I hope you will take very good care of yourself today and be compassionate towards yourself.

@justej What a bummer. I’m sorry you experienced this. And yes, what a shitty start to a day (no pun intended).

Hi @justej, I'm sorry to hear about that and we all have those moments when we feel like that cat just up above!!!!
I really sympathize with that feeling especially when you have to navigate in such a way you don't slip in water. Slipping in water in the bathroom is something I'm always leery of.
I hope the rest of your day turned out to be much better!!!
I think we all should be glad we're not that escaped convict in the cartoon here!

Thanks everyone. My day did get better. I was able to put on my prosthetic leg 🦿 and sit outside for awhile and my friend brought me a burrito 🌯 and coffee ☕️! My prosthesis feels pretty good and I’m going to try to wear it to my orthopedic doctor tomorrow. Hopefully he can give my knees some relief.

sounds like you've been having some pretty good weather, justej?. well: I am glad you had a better time of it after this morning and I hope you have a good rest of the day.

I do so admire your tenacity ej. When you want to just say f it and lay down and bawl you just get on with doing what has to be done. I don't know how you muster the great attitude to keep from going under.

I kind of figured things would get better for you today! I think we all have to just keep on keepin' on and ej really gets it along with the best of 'em!!!! And I think in a couple of days we'll feel some of that chilly weather down here in Florida.

That sounds nice @ritanofsinger! Down here in Florida it's a hard, driving rain and in the upper 60s but it's a chilly upper 60s. So Alburquerque sounds nice right about now!

I was hoping that your day would get better, ej, and I'm so glad to know that it did! Wishing you a good vivit today with your orthopedist!