Northshore Megamax bs Dry 24/7

Archives1

Staff member
I tried my sample of the megamax and loved it. Looked to order and price is comparable. Thing is Northshore charges for shipping where XP doesn’t.
If they offered free shipping I would go with them instead of my normal Dry 24/7.

Anyone else feel this way about shipping charges adding to the cost?

Well how much did you spend at North Shore because I just ordered about $100 worth of diapers and they even threw in two packages of wipes and they didn't charge me a fee to send it

I did not place the order, I was going to order 4 cases but shipping added almost $40 to the order. I am sticking with XP medical and Dry 24/7 diapers.

I have tried both and both are excellent diapers the biggest difference in the two diapers is the taping system the dry 24/7 has the dual second chance tapes and the Mega-Max has the landing zone with the single tapes now in my honest opinion the landing zone with the single tapes is a superior system which gives the Mega-Max a slight edge but when it comes to a choice of free shipping vs not free shipping I am afraid free shipping would win hands down

MarineJohn said:
I tried my sample of the megamax and loved it. Looked to order and price is comparable. Thing is Northshore charges for shipping where XP doesn’t.
If they offered free shipping I would go with them instead of my normal Dry 24/7.

Anyone else feel this way about shipping charges adding to the cost?

I love the folks at Northshore and Megamax. I don’t like having to pay for shipping though. Allot of places just average it into their prices. I should have reordered another case. Woke up soaked🙁
Guess if you have the money...don’t end up with these pesky problems. Oh well.

I agree with you Marine John, the added cost to an already high cost for the diapers is just another punch to the gut. I understand it but more times than not will avoid Northshore because of it. I honestly don’t like the landing zone on the megamax is it creates a stiff area on the diaper and is not as flexible as the dry 24/7’s. But the shipping keeps me from buying diapers at Northshore which is very unfortunate because they are truly an awesome company!! But money is money and we have to save where we can!!

Any company that offers “free” shipping will more than likely average the cost of shipping into their prices, so no matter how they do it you’re gonna pay. I for one have been buying from NorthShore for years, and love their excellent customer service, and that’s just part of what keeps me coming back. And the MegaMax is the first disposable diaper that can get me through the night without any leaks, and for me that’s worth it. Recently I even signed up for their subscription service and that does help to bring the price down. Bottom line is that you should always do what works best for you.

Hi Pete,
I guess I should try the briefs you talked about 24/7? I haven’t used them before. I guess I am just impressed with the folks at northshore and that someone took the opportunity to make a really good line of briefs. Megamax has kept me from having to put those stupid underpads under me and keep the sheets dry all but one night.
It would be excellent if there were a way to do shipping less expensive. Someone has got to provide a service that is affordable for medical supply deliveries not covered by insurance. Maybe they can stockpile at the local Amazon distribution site and it would be less to ship? Anyway, I just think from a customer service standpoint and product quality standpoint they are exceptional. The Ladies at Livedry we’re very good also with both. Who is a vendor that has the 24/7 briefs? Would like a sample to try.
Thanks for the tip, they are always appreciated to have first hand advice.
Be Blessed my friend!
Jim

I can't stand the pulp to sap ratio. I know everyone has an opinion, and this fit differently for body types. I would buy Dry 24/7 over MegaMax.

Have you tried LlMedico? Google has a listing for that product but it goes to a non existant page. Perhaps they moved stuff around? They offer free shipping, and 5% back per order as a reward.

As another option, have you tried BetterDry?

lorumipsum said:
I can't stand the pulp to sap ratio. I know everyone has an opinion, and this fit differently for body types. I would buy Dry 24/7 over MegaMax.

Have you tried LlMedico? Google has a listing for that product but it goes to a non existant page. Perhaps they moved stuff around? They offer free shipping, and 5% back per order as a reward.

As another option, have you tried BetterDry?

I have tried LLMedico, and the thing that I do not like about them, is that their shipping is NOT discrete, plus in the past when I’ve had issues they’ve never gotten back to me, very poor customer service on their part. BetterDry makes a good diaper, it’s what I was using prior to MegaMax, and if MegaMax ever went away it’s the one diaper that I’d go back to.

Very interesting. I have only had one shipment with them. I need to look up a few more reviews. The only thing that has stood out to me was the slower shipping.

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but northshore offers a 5% discount on auto orders. It’s a life saver for me because I forget to order a lot and don’t pay much attention to my diaper supply. I get a case every 3 weeks.

In my opinion, in the next few years most deliveries will be made using drones. Yes, even for something as large as a case of diapers. This technology is being discussed and developed currently, and although there won't be large deliveries flying through the air tomorrow or next week, one day soon there will. this will likely lower shipping expenses for most companies. Now call this good or bad, but autonomous machines are on the horizon.
This doesn't solve your problem immediately but I hope it helps even a little.

Spaz, thank you XP also offer a 5% discount with automatic reorder in addition to their free shipping. The Dry 24/7 are $1.67 per diaper before discount where as Northshore Megamax with shipping are $2.43 per diaper.

I just order when I can fit it in the budget. When I can’t there is always Walmart😳😢 not exactly what I would call good but something is better than nothing. Have to be able to get on with life.

@lorumipsum i agree about the SAP to pulp ratio on the mega max. I mentioned it to Adam specifically. I think more people should.

I don't like dry24/7 either. I find the fit to be odd, and they have some of the same issue with wicking poorly for me too.