nocturia

Archives1

Staff member
Male 84 with BPH 20 years. Nothing has worked, including meds like Merbetriq, Tamsulosin. What are best supplements that work? I tried prostate support. Have an appt. with urologist next month. I usually ok during day not at night.

I had the same problem before I ended up incontinent. My kidneys never slow down during the night and keep producing urine. I’ve been in diapers since I was 17 years old. No meds worked for me and gave me terrible side effects. You could get on a schedule for liquid intake and that may help. Other than that wait for your appointment and see what they say. I wish you luck!

I,am 80 same problem some med made me sick so have been in diapers for several yrs due to being a diabetic and prostate problems.

For spaz you should consider a Suprapubic catheter with a leg bag. Then get a pair of CUBU underwear. It holds the bag on the outside of the underwear so it’s extremely comfortable. They are available on amazon starting at $39.95. I wear them everyday and it’s changed my life.

Theutz1943 said:
For spaz you should consider a Suprapubic catheter with a leg bag. Then get a pair of CUBU underwear. It holds the bag on the outside of the underwear so it’s extremely comfortable. They are available on amazon starting at $39.95. I wear them everyday and it’s changed my life.

No thanks. I’ve had enough with leg bags. Mine drains right into my diaper and I’m perfectly fine with that. Plus my bladder spasms at times and I urinate around the catheter so I still need a diaper anyway. Thanks for looking out for me though, it’s always appreciated.

For me none of the medications have worked. What I am currently doing is using a condom catheter at night with a 2L bag hanging from the side of the bed. It has taken me almost one and a half years to have any results from this set up. But I finally do have some results. Maybe this can help someone else as well.