no privacy these days

Archives1

Staff member
my dad ordered me a dekor diaper pail because my akord was falling apart so badly that i couldnt even use it. he got it from amazon and it came today. it came in its original packing with diaper pail all over it. since im single and live alone with no kids its pretty easy to guess what its for. the mail people left it in front of my door and didnt knock or anything so i didnt know it was there. i hear a knock at my door and there my neighbor is with this box. she asked if it was mine and i just kind of quickly said "oh yeah thats mine" and she insisted on bringing it in for me. i hate it when companies ship in the original box. i dont want everyone to know what im buying. oh well. i guess its out in the open with the folks in my new building. i dont know if i even care anymore.

that said i really like the pail. much better than the akord.

Yea the dekor is awesome!! I used their xl for the longest until it finally broke while we were moving. Been thinking about getting the one northshore sells, but I havent decided yet. I also had trouble getting the bag refills for the xl that i had towards the end.

@Draconic is the xl one the plus? if so thats what i got.
i like northshore but ive had 3 akords and they have all fallen apart in less than a year. the dekor looks much better built. when ive run out of refills for pails i just use tall scented kitchen bags. works well.

It sounds like you have a friendly neighbor. I also have been embarassed by packages showing up not discreetly. It doesnt bother me near as much as it used to. But yeah, I dont like it when a package like that gets delivered and im not here or someone is here when it arrives. But also, some people also may think its a repurposed box that someone had and used it to ship with something else in it. I have always thought about getting one of those diaper pails or genie.

Las time I looked the plus was gone (this has been a couple of years ago) and they didnt have refills anymore. I hadn't tried the akord yet because I have heard bad things about it. So I have been using one of the metal trash cans with the step lid from walmart

I don’t care what people think about my OAB. You shouldn’t either! I’m going for my third round of Botox on Wednesday! 😊

My mom said to me “everyone knows you have issues. Who cares!” (In regards to the fact that I’m an amputee in a wheelchair)

Once again mom is right

Justej - sounds like you already have a lot of people around you who care and are not obsessing about what you're wearing under your trousers! :) I know that i often receive packages (from third-party sellers off Amazon) in boxes that have been re-purposed by the shipper. I'm sure your neighbor didn't think twice about it, if she even noticed. We've all learned over the years that our diapers are much more "obvious" to us than they are to anyone else.

justej said:
my dad ordered me a dekor diaper pail because my akord was falling apart so badly that i couldnt even use it. he got it from amazon and it came today. it came in its original packing with diaper pail all over it. since im single and live alone with no kids its pretty easy to guess what its for. the mail people left it in front of my door and didnt knock or anything so i didnt know it was there. i hear a knock at my door and there my neighbor is with this box. she asked if it was mine and i just kind of quickly said "oh yeah thats mine" and she insisted on bringing it in for me. i hate it when companies ship in the original box. i dont want everyone to know what im buying. oh well. i guess its out in the open with the folks in my new building. i dont know if i even care anymore.

that said i really like the pail. much better than the akord.

Is there a place for special instructions? I understand this issue and believe they should know better. However, once it is out then you do not have to try to hide it anymore! I am beginning to feel this way more and more.

Botox injections went well. Hopefully I will start to get some relief soon, as I did after the two other times I had Botox. The relief lasted for a year+ before.

Everyone has said DON'T WORRY
Fine and true.

But know for yourself that Amazon has a box to X to request the shipper put any item purchased into a larger box.

I'm sure that it does not deter a thief because it has a big bold Amazon logo but at least the nature of the contents is disguided.

Not that in your case it was necessary

I have had my share of embarrassment this month. I moved to Pa. and my parents just started to bring some of my stuff up from Fl. The thing is that this last time they had family in town due to my grandmother passing. Well that family helped load up some of my stuff from my room in Fl. One thing being a big clear box that hid behind my bed that was full of my emergence supply of diapers and pads. Lucky I was my uncle that loaded it and he was in Fl. back when I had surgery so he already knew that I had issues. what was Worst yet was that my parents maintenance guy helped unload that box into my apartment so he saw the contents. It is all a mental thing. A toddler does not care if diapers are out in the open or exposed. It is all they know as underwear. I wish we could just get hypnotized into not giving a rats butt about it.

Frankly, your neighbor may have been doing a good turn. They had already seen it, and we're helping you limit further exposure.