Night sweats

Archives1

Staff member
Is it just me or is it common to experience night sweating after radical prostatectomy. At times I wake up and my PJ's and bedding are soaked with sweat.

It could be due to a change in your hormone level due to the surgery. When men get older their "T"(and other hormone) levels drop slowly and this process is called "Andropause", which can lead to hot flashes and sweats. I'm 67 and although I haven't had a Prostatectomy I do get Hot Flashes from time to time, no fun at all, but at least mine only last a minute or two. Hopefully this is only a temporary thing for you.

Hot “flashes” SUCK. And flash, my ass, they last wayyyyyyyyyy longer than lightning! I ***hate*** hot “flashes.” More like, hot suffocations.

Both menopause and andropause are other names for hypogonadism. Any time we’re hormone deficient, our body ceases proper temperature regulation. Also, bedpads and diapers are sweaty.

I have not had a prostatectomy but I do get bouts of sweating. They are usually caused by either a catheter blockage or a urinary tract infection. 50mg Nitrpfurantoin per day fixes both for me.