Archives1

Staff member
Hi. I just turned 50, I’m female, and as if all the other stuff happening to my body isn’t enough I’ve started bed wetting!!! It’s happened twice so far... the first time a few days ago when it was just a bit and didn’t get on the sheets, then last night it was more and did get the sheets. I woke up both times & both times I was dreaming I was peeing. WTH?!

Hello OMG, love the name by the way!! Many of us have been in the OMG world at one time or another and bedwetting is definitely one of those moments but with just two episodes it may just be bad luck/timing but to be protected maybe you should pick something up to wear at night for a short time fix then if it persists check in with your Dr to see what’s going on. There are lots of products available that are comfortable and absorbent just make sure to get a product that is absorbent enough, pull-ups and diapers are your best bet for sleeping as they stay in place and contain better than just a pad. Hope it’s just a coincidence and never comes back for you but if not, life isn’t over it’s just another twist in the road!!

OMG I would be interested in a little about your history before making any comments. One question that stands out is did you ever bed wet in the past? Many of us that had childhood enuresis suddenly find it back as we age. In my case I wet till I was about 9 and have had a "weak bladder" all my life. Now at advanced age it is not uncommon to bed wet again. I often wear protection for it and just get on with life.

if the bedwetting continues I would suggest seeing a doctor as the bedwetting could be a symptom of other medical issues such as diabetes in the means time make sure your mattress is well protected and consider a good quality diaper to help you get a better night sleep

Yes indeed, seeing a doctor should be the first step. See the doctor, make sure everything medically (besides wetting) is ok.

Welcome, OMG. Are we having fun yet? I’m a 62 yo woman with very little control. I often dream I am searching for a bathroom but I can’t find one or they’re under construction or there’s no toilet? I suggest you get some reusable pads to use in your bed. That way, if you do wet, the mattress is protected. You can add towels to the top, if necessary, to contain the urine. It’s not pleasant, but it will reduce some of the stress.