New to this.

Archives1

Staff member
Hello, I am 24 years old and I struggle with frequently having to urinate. I have struggled with anxiety since 18 and last November is when this randomly started out of the blue. It has been horrible, I don't like to do anything or leave my house - only a few people know and they don't know the extent of it. Every where I go I have to find the bathroom immediately, when I go to the bathroom it feels like I didn't go all the way and I can't hold it. I have never had an accident or leakage but if I have to go at all it will feel like I won't make it to the bathroom. It is very uncomfortable and embarrassing, I don't like to go out in public with anyone, I don't like to ride in the cars with others. I have seen a Urologist and she has me on Myrbetriq 50 mg and I am on Prozac for my anxiety. I have seen some improvement however, when something I am anxious about is coming up I can't control it again. The next 2 weeks I will be majorly out of my comfort zone - I am going to Nashville with my boyfriends whole family for 3 days (none of them know) and the week after that I am going to New Orleans for a bachelorette ( the only one who knows is my sister). I am very stressed and anxious, if anyone has any tips that would be great. Car rides are hard for me because I usually have to go stop every hour sometimes more. :( I hope I can fix this and not have to live my whole life with this.

You don't have to live your whole life like this. Right now you are going through a stage of diagnosis. If you don't find a treatment or a cure, there are good quality absorbent products that will serve to manage the messier symptoms. I know that is faint hope, but it does get easier to cope with. You CAN live a normal life, even if this condition is long-term or permanent. The best part is that it's probably not permanent. Best of luck. Please keep us informed of how you are doing.

There’s always conditions that you can’t see or even feel. Ex. A cyst on your spine pushing on a nerve. Have you had any MRIs done?