Archives1

Staff member
I am a 49 year old male with severe urge incontinence. I have "high-volume" incontinence meaning when I void involuntarily I void between 800 & 1000 cc's at a time. The cause of my incontinence is neurogenic in origin. I have no sensations throughout the day. Toward evening I get an overwhelming urge I can't control and wet my pants. I have been seeing a urologist who has tried multiple medications without much success. I am now in diapers but they leak terribly. I am now up to 3 "booster pads" in my "highly absorbent" diaper and still leaking. What is next?

Your post sounds so much like my situation. I have a very large bladder that can hold close to a liter before the urge to void occurs. I'm a 69 yr. old male, so an enlarged prostate,and bladder diverticulum are an additional part of my problem. I too have tried all the meds with little or no success. My urologist indicates that surgery is the only option for the prostate, but probably not do much for my incontinence; possibly make it worse. As a result, I also wear diapers most of the time. I wear disposables during the day, or a training pant with a diaper cover to help with the expense of disposables. When traveling, disposables are the best. At night when at home, I wear a thick cloth diaper with diaper cover which works quite well. You might want to consider that option. Good luck.

I also have urge incontinence and can sympathize with your situation. Two suggestions: First, get a better diaper. Two excellent brands are ComfiDry 24/7 and Abena Level 4 (S4, M4, or M4 depending on your size). These brands can withstand big floods without leaking. Second, if you are able to urinate whenever you want to, do so more often. Don't wait until your bladder contains a huge amount of urine.

Sonya said:
Hartmann molicare Maxi plus is new and holds a huge amount. greater than 4 ltrs.

Wow ! How's that for 'Diaper Power' !!!!

It must be a new version of the older 'purple' Molicare.