new member/ Quality of Life

Archives1

Staff member
Trying to figure out how to have a quality of life after radiation and chemo and several surgeries.

Bowel incontinence that seem to have no rhyme or reason, or particular triggers. So now I am doing some in depth investigation to figure out how to best cope. thanks, jah

I’m sorry to hear that. I think with any health condition, one must both work towards getting better and accept how things are. Bowel Incontinence is the worst. I think it comes down to a good attitude. Albeit it’s difficult to feel super positive when pooping your pants. But, being well protected and not letting it define you or cause shame.

WelcomeJah! Benfrank stated the remedy well. It is horrifying when it happens and you are not prepared. Sometimes no one notices. Fecal accidents are a seldom incident for me. I am fortunate.

Make sure you and an MD or RPh review your medications. I've seen medications cause many problems.

Carry on fine sir....

Chris

A morning bowel routine will help cut down on the daytime issues, a clean out before you leave, and you should not have much to worry about for 4-8 hours. Hospitals use this with patients all the time.