New here

Archives1

Staff member
I'm na 59 y/o man. I was a bed wetter as a youth. It went away for a while, but came back in my 20's. It's just gotten worse over the years. I've been diagnosed with overactive bladder. I've been off and on various drugs with not much success. So, I wear diapers at night, and either a pad or a diaper during the day. I found this site and it seems to have a lot of useful information for my problem. Thanks.

Welcome.

We are a support and education group.

Feel free to pose any questions you have I’m sure there are people here who will give you some helpful advice.

Its good to have a place to talk about what we dont feel we can talk about elsewhere. It lightens the feeling of being alone
Welcome

Hi @edmill and welcome to the forum!!! I think you'll find this site is what you're looking for and hope you find a lot of good advice and insights. This is a respectful site and there is no belittling or passing judgment on anyone. We are free to say what we feel (within reason of course!) and any questions you have at whatever time, you'll get helpful answers!

ED..,
Welcome to the community. Since you're asking about a common problem and are apparently willing to be pro-active, I'll pass on a thought I've shared previously on this site. Most everyone will speak to how to manage leakage, since there are limited choices for us. In my case, however, I have stopped the leakage before it needs to be managed, which is the better alternative, I would argue. An engineer partner and I have designed an external sleeve device that restricts the urethra and thereby impedes leakage. It employs minimal perimeter pressure, which allows normal circulation...to set your mind at ease. After five years or so of development and testing, we are patent pending and seeking an industry partner to which we can license it. It's not for sale, but we are happy to accept additional volunteers to try it and offer us feedback for our database. If you'd like more info, do let me know at amhelp@comcast.net Best wishes to you. Fynlee

Hi @edmill Glad you found this site. I understand the bedwetting side of things. My bedwetting started when I was a teen. Thankfully it has always been sporadic for the most part, more frequents when stressed. Great group of people here who understand and are so easy to talk with about these embarrassing situations.

JT

Welcome to this forum. My bedwetting has been with me pretty much since birth. I'll be 70 next month. Ask any questions you need to. You will get multiple answers. It will be up to you to accept any or all to follow up on.

WELCOME, Will learn a lot especially about keeping things in perspective when we see how others must cope with life's challenge's.