New case

Archives1

Staff member
I’m proper worried 4 weeks ago I had a seizure/convulsion during the night, my husband was there. I was asleep no idea I was fitting and during that had wet the bed. About half an hr ago I’ve woken to a wet bed but my husband wasn’t in bed so I have no idea what happened but I have a headache and achy body .. it’s only the second time I have wet the bed it’s just so embarrassing .

There are teleconference and video conference Medical Sites. Perhaps you local hospital has one going during this Covid19 time. Your doctor may accept emails, and calls by phone are appropriate. Lots of doctors havea message o their phone of an emergency contact method.
This could very serious - Seizure/convulsion can be a lot of things. Were you seen the first time?
If you can take blood pressure and temperature, even Blood Glucose, do it, and make a call immediately.
If you are a regular patient at a clinic or hospital, they should have a contact point.
You can call the ER, too. Forget the embarressment. Do it!

Hi Shazza,

You need to get some tests done to rule out lots of things. Please don't worry or that will make matters harder for yourself. There could be a million reasons for this so it would be best to make an appointment to see your GP first.

Wish you luck and let us know how you get on.

Darren.

Hi Shazza,
Don’t worry about the bed. That can happen sometimes. Walmart has nature’s miracle which is in the pet isle and will make it so it’s like it never happened. Trust me, it works amazing on urine and feces. It doesn’t care if you are a pet or human.
Reach out to your doc and see what’s going on with the seizures though. Very important.
I’ve had a couple in my life and it’s scary.
Be well, get checked out and maybe pickup an underpad and lay a towel on top just in case. 🙂
Let me know how you make out with the Doctor.
Hugs,
Jim

A neirologist could sort you out easy. I hear that seizures can cause incontinence sometimes. I am sorry to hear this and hope you can recover easily.

If your GP is dismissive, get a new one. If you can't get the pros and cons and estimates of effectiveness of Meds or procedures or surgery from a urologist, get a new one. Don't despair.
Ask the nurse or PA - they are usually better sources of information and empathy - and bedside manners.