Natural remedies that show success in ceasing nocturnal enuresis

Archives1

Staff member
i found a youtube video where it was recommended that there has been success by simply eating a handful of pumpkin seeds in the morning, and another handful at night. Surprising I have head a measure of success with this that I have not with other supplements. Does anyone else have a recommendation that they can personally attest to as noticeable helpful? Thanks.

@rebuild99 can you please provide a link to the youtube video? I would be very interested in learning more. I'm wondering what is in pumpkin seeds that may help with nocturnal enuresis? Thanks!

Unfornately I do not have the link. But, you know, the youtube vid was very brief, less than 2 minutes. Basically, it is a man being clear that he is not a doctor, then relying what he heard this from someone who practice ayurvedic medicine. He thought he would try it on his dad who had nocturia. He said it worked for him, so he thought he would pass on the anecdote for others to consider.That's pretty much it.

@rebuild99 Sounds like pure poppycock bologna to me. If it were that easy, none of us would need diapers.

I can't think what it's called but there is a tablet sold in various places from CVS to grocery stores that claims to use pumpkin seeds to control nocturnal. Didn't do anything for me.

Fast forward to Google Nocturnal eneresis there are a number of articles stating the oil in pumpkin seeds has an enzyme which helps with nocturnal issue and over active bladder.

Because there are so many possibilities of why one has overactive bladder at night it seems like one has nothing to loose from trying some...

Right. I am trying intermittent fasting. Eating from 11am to 5, and at 5 am only eating the pumpkin seeds (as you can tell I am highly motivated). For the first week I ate normal, but just added the pumpkin seeds at the morning and evening before bed, and had no mishaps for a week straight! So I think there is something positive going on with their use.

I'm delighted for anyone that gets relief from ANY resources but I have concluded the causes of incontinence are as various as the stars in the sky.

There is cornsilk tea considered a great help for incontinence also. I bought the e best organic and it made me pee like a race horse day and night. Apparently a curative in Mexico but poison for me.

Ha. Sorry to hear it. Maybe it works if you are in Mexico? It is a bit closer to the equator, gravitational pull? Humidity?… Spicy food? …

Interesting idea. I don't know it was something read that worked so I read up on it and learned about the Mexican tradition.

No,I am sorry, I was just joking. Acknowledging that there is a "mystery" behind many recommendations, what works, and what does not. I apologize for my humor

Regarding pumpkin seeds… I was not recommending them. I was just sharing my experience which was overall positive. I started the thread to see if anyone had any solid leads for a natural remedy - not that my experiment can be considered one of those. I do have continued hope with what I am trying, but again, I am neither promoting nor discouraging the use of pumpkin seeds the way I have been using them (note, I also do other things to that may help - anyway, just a clarification in case anyone was confused as to the what and why of the thread.

No need to apologize I was trying to be nice and diplomatic LOL and not shriek something dismissively!

However the corn silk tea is real an was a no for me but like the mystery of pumpkin seeds seems to have a of following.
The fact that there tablets of pumpkin seeds to extract sold in an incontinence section of grocery says somewhere some one thought it works.

I something works for just ONE Reader on the forum it's worth sharing

As for me, a $20 Box of organic cornsilk tea is rotting in a landfill somewhere...