NAFC 8-Week Challenge - Share your tips!

Archives1

Staff member
Hello all! We're hosting an 8-week challenge for better bladder health in June and July. Participants can sign up for one of 4 challenges and will then receive a series of 4 emails over the course of the 8 weeks with tips and tricks to help them complete their challenge At the end of the challenge, they will be entered into a drawing to win a free month pass to CorePower Yoga, valued at $190! Sign up today at www.nafc.org/8-week-challenge, then come onto the message boards to share your successes, ask questions and learn tips from others who are also participating. Good luck!

I was busy with things and missed starting the challenge in June. My bad. The prize is a month pass to CorePower Yoga. Interesting prize choice - so I hope this is not totally a stupid question. Is there any evidence that yoga helps incontinence? Or would I be the only woman risking a wet yoga mat? And no, I don't figure wearing an adult diaper under lululemons would be cool. :eek:

melanie said:
I was busy with things and missed starting the challenge in June. My bad. The prize is a month pass to CorePower Yoga. Interesting prize choice - so I hope this is not totally a stupid question. Is there any evidence that yoga helps incontinence? Or would I be the only woman risking a wet yoga mat? And no, I don't figure wearing an adult diaper under lululemons would be cool. :eek:

I hereby see the need for someone to INVENT yoga diapers!
Yoga is exercise...and I know exercise may help incontinence. That's about all I can say there.

Hi Melanie! Thanks for the question - that promotion is currently over, but you are still welcome to take the 8-week challenge. http://www.nafc.org/8-week-challenge

As far as yoga helping with incontinence, I think it really depends on your personal situation. Many yoga moves help to strengthen the core, and combined with a pelvic floor exercise regimen may help to give you greater muscle control. If you'd like to do yoga, but are concerned about leakage, we would suggest that you see a pelvic health physical therapist who can provide you with an evaluation of your pelvic floor strength, and show you specific moves you can do to help build and maintain strength (which may or may not include yoga moves.) Best of luck!