Myrbetriq really works for OAB and Urgency!

Archives1

Staff member
Hey guys! So i just want to report that I am mid week in my 4th week of taking Myrbetriq and woah! Is all i can say...

So a little over a month ago you guys may remember about myself posting that i was only able to hold my bladder for 20-30 minutes until i was get that final sudden urgency and leak...well over the past month it has given me my confidence and life back. Im able to hold now for around one and a half hours - i dont have the issue with having to start going and i havent had any wetting incidences in the past couple weeks since starting taken it.

Its a miracle...ive been introduced to kegals as well and have been doing that for the past week so that may be why im having better control staring and going..but dang, i never knew there was a medicine out there that would give me the strength of my bladder back. I still have enuresis at night, which im trying to work on - but i just wanted to give you guys an update on this medicine.

I tried that medicine and it didn't work for me. It probably wouldn't have anyway since my incontinence is neurological.

I am taking it now and it may help a little, but it has not 'solved' my OAB. I still wake up 3 times a night to pee and pee every two hours during the day. I am happy (and more than a little jealous) that it is working well for you.

See Honeeecombs some meds work for some people and do great things however for other people they do nothing. I am glad you found a medication that works great for yourself.

mhart82 I have neurogenic bladder and I would say I think myrbetriq is doing some positive things for me however it hasn’t completely resolved my situation. However I think I am part of the problem as the volume of fluids I consume is so great it’s little wonder I have urinary issues. Lol.

It’s a double each sword as I take so many medications of which I don’t really have any major side effects other than the dry mouth. Which I attribute to the fact that I am constantly flushing my system out. Lol and perhaps I am delusional however if I feel good and the symptoms do not bother me it’s all good in my mind. :)

Curious mhart82 what has caused your issues to be neurological. Just curious.

For me it’s due to multiple sclerosis and just the shear number of lesions I had on my initial mris. The docs didn’t think I could talk. And to be fair I could barely walk back then so now I am freely walking without any assistance and able to work and enjoy life. I think I am doing very well all things considered. Okay I may have some urinary issues during the day. Oh well no biggie to me.

Have a great day everyone!!

HI @Honeeeecombs, That is really good news! You have stuck with it through thick and thin and it's now really paying off! It sounds like your urologist and you are a good team and that's what gets results! And although things sound good now, do keep up with the kegels and any other exercise they recommend.
As for the enuresis, let's just say that that is still a work in progress! And that is okay. But we can also say you will keep making progress! Just keep after it!
So, great news from your side of town! :D

@Honeeecombs good to hear that it is working so well for you. For me it caused blood pressure spikes, head aches and vision problems. Cheers Phil

I'm glad to hear your good news. It is a burden to keep trying new treatments, but when we hit upon one that works, it feels like a miracle.

Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! It’s always excellent to hear good news here on the forum. Thanks for sharing your success with us.

That's wonderful news!

I'm also on 50mg once daily. It helps some with my constant feeling of needing to pee, but it doesn't get rid of it entirely. I'm happy to hear that you're having great results with it!