Myrbetriq and high blood pressure

Archives1

Staff member
Hi,

I am new here. I have been dealing with OAB for a but 20 years. Various meds, clinical trials for new fixes, nothing has helped except the Myrbetriq, 50 mg. I am 48 yo, exercise daily, athletic in nature, no other health issues, except I have been monitoring my blood pressure. It's high! Too high for my liking!!! I have scheduled a Dr appt to address the issue. 1. Who else uses Myrbetriq and has gotten high blood pressure from it? 2. If you are one of them, what did you do? I will not go on another mad to combat this med. TY in advance.

I was on Myrbetiq, but my doctor just switched me to Toviaz. I have had high blood pressure before taking the Myrbetiq but Exforge seems to handle my blood pressure very well.

I was being treated for high blood pressure when I started to take Myrbetriq. After a little over a year, my blood pressure increased, so I took the Myrbetriq every second day instead of every day. This did not lower my bp. A few days after I stopped taking Myrbetriq altogether, my blood pressure was under control once more. My urologist prescribed another medication for OAB, but I have not started to take it yet.

I already had high blood pressure when I started this drug. After a couple of months I had to stop, because my already high BP went crazy. Phil

Iv been taking lysinopril with a water pill for my high blood pressure. The water pill of course makes my urinary incontinence worse and Iv had to wear heavier protection for work. But it’s the only drug combination that bring down my blood pressure to normal.

Stuart, Sorry, but I don't remember the name of the med. After discussion w/my urologist, I decided to try not taking any med. and using lifestyle changes, including exercise and weight loss, so the Rx is in my records waiting for me to activate it if I decide to take meds. again.

I went from Myrbetriq to Toviaz and find it much more effective. Just wanted to share. I hope the exercise, weight loss and lifestyle changes work for you.

I have recently found my bp is high and the Dr at the hospital where I had my heart tests done asked what meds I was taking for my UI and I told him I did t take any and he said that was a good choice because most of the meds out there have pretty nasty side effects. I do get some bladder pain every now and then but it’s manageable and years ago I decided that if I can manage without meds, then that’s what I’ll do. So whatever they switch you too just do your homework on it and do t be afraid to switch to find the right solution.

Thank you all for your comments. I wish you all happy lives and successful ones dealing with your issues.