Myerbetriq pills question

Archives1

Staff member
Does anyone have experience with Myrebetriq for urge incontinence? I was been given some 25mg and 50mg versions during a first visit with urologist.

Thanks for sharing any experiences or knowledge.

My urologist had given me samples to last 2 months. We checked the cost with our insurance, and it was $400!
I did not order any as I did not notice any improvement while taking it kegels, kegels, kegels. Good luck.

I take it and have had minimal side effects, I've noticed some improvement with the urgency to void but it has not done much for any actual leakage.

I take Myrbetriq for OAB. (insurance does cover it for me) Not sure if it helps but I haven't stopped taking them to see what happens. I still get up at least 3 times at night, so if they do help, they don't help much.

I got headaches and did not see much help from the samples. My insurance at the time did not cover it so it would have been $300 to continue. I figured that would be even more expensive than the diapers I would still need so even if it did help minimally it would not be worth it

Honestly I cannot say I notice drastic differences. I do think it helps with the urge part however I still have accidents. So just commenting on here is making me question if I should be really taking it anymore. However I do think it helps reduce the cramping etc so that is the part which makes me hesitant to come off of it.

I just happened to have a Dr Apt yesterday. He is asking me to try Gemtesa. I guess it is in the same class as Mirbetriq but with less side effects. I will give it a try and update in a few weeks.

I've been taking Myrbetriq for several years, at the 50 mg dose. It helps me significantly, and I have no side effects from it. My insurance covers it.

Like many meds, it doesn't help everyone, but it helps some and it has its place.

My urologist gave me free samples -at 1st visit 4 week supply 2nd visit 5 week supply- not much improvement I was still having a full diaper most mornings- my 3rd visit he now gave me Gemtesa - 6 week free samples - morning 1 - full diaper - morning 2 I got up to pee @ 2am and had a dry diaper in the morning - that’s were Ian as of today - keeping my fingers crossed

Chad