Muscle control

Archives1

Staff member
I am both fecal and urinary incontinent and with me I feel as if the conditions are progressing. That is I'm gradually getting more and more incontinent. I mentioned something about this a few months ago but the problem is getting worse. Bit by bit I feel less able to tighten the muscles to hold in. When I try I feel as if my brain can't find the right muscle and other muscles move instead. I've considered that this could be psychological and try harder and seemed to have a little success in tightening the sphincters but then I end up losing control again. In the past few days I almost feel as if trying might make me lose control of my legs and other parts of me. It is a very scary feeling.

Does anyone else experience anything like this! Does anyone know what's going on? Is it all in my mind?

Have you been to a doctor/numerologist about it yet? Incontinence is not a conduction but a symptom from a condition.

Neurologist. I think the above got auto corrected I absolutely agree. Something is seriously going on.

I have a fecal incontinence. And am now taking lomotil twice a day and it seems to be working about 95% of the time. My fecal incontinence is post surgery , radiation issue. Just thought that might help someone. It is a prescription med.

I went to a pelvic therapist. After a month i made huge progress with urine incontinence, to the point i no longer use protection at night. fecal is still a problem but I hope to see progress soon. It was difficult to find a therapist in pelvic rehab, she works with both men and women and give you lots of kegel ex to be done in different positions I am hopeful again!