MRI done

Archives1

Staff member
I'm feeling a bit proud of myself making it through an MRI. I get pretty claustrophobic and so for me sitting for 2 hours in a narrow metal tube with loud banging sounds can only described as torture. Not to mention sitting in one position makes the leg pain worse. This MRI was looking for multiple sclerosis, which apparently I don't have. That's a relief, but because of these cysts they found on my spine, I'm next to go see a neurosurgeon. The thought of surgery on my back is a bit more that I can process.

Hi @silk45,

I saw nobody replied to your thread on here and since today has been pretty quiet I got to thinking about an MRI I once had done. I swear the machines are extremely closturphobic - and when I had mine done; it was so loud so i definetly sympathize with that. They gave me earbuds and let me pick out what radio station I wanted to listen to so that I could keep my mind off of being in such a tight space.

I'm glad to hear you don't have MS! Please let us know what is going on with your back - you don't have to fight things alone. Being that this is a continence/urinary/bowel health website - I wouldn't see why we couldn't support other health issues as well.

Stay strong; and don't give up hope. Sending prayers that you will recieve answers sooner than later; and that you will not be in pain. Thinking of you.

Blessings in Christ,
Honeeecombs

@Honeeecombs, thanks for the reply. My prayers for you as well. These cysts are on sacral nerves that go to the bladder, so that's what the neurologist thinks is causing urinary urgency and other symptoms. I suspect straining for #2 causes the cysts to fill up giving me electric sensation in the legs and bladder spasms. Weird? Possible? TMI?
I agree this website shouldn't get too of topic. So don't tell me if you think trading Sam Darnold to the Panthers was a good move.