Meet up

Archives1

Staff member
Something I rarely do these days is drink as much as used to!
A group of guys I used to work with arranged a pub lunch last week.
I was reluctant but felt I ought too as had put them off before!
Anyway no dramas to report but I did wear a diaper and plastic pants incase of leakages!
Being over 60 most of the guys were up and down to the mens room and it suddenly occurred to me that it might look odd if I didn’t go! So I did! Went in to a cubicle and just stood there for a minute! Did that once more just to look like I was 'normal'! We said our goodbyes and went on our way!
Got home and boy was my diaper full! It had leaked a little but kept in by the plastic pants!
A success

Blissfully,

I'd chalk that one up as a win.

Congratulations.

Too often we hear of the disappointments and disasters. Nice to hear of an outing that went well.

Cheers!

Greensleeves

Feels good when we do well out and about without any mishaps... Makes for a enjoyable and gratifying time with our friends.

When my urge incontinence progressed to the point that I had to start wearing diapers pretty much all the time, I decided I wasn't going to let it hinder my quality of life. I do everything I did before, just in diapers! This includes horseback riding, ziplining, whitewater rafting, biking, etc.... I just plan for the eventual diaper change and prepare for it.

My wife was so encouraging as well! I normally only wear a diaper overnight and can get away with pull ups in the day but now feel more confident to wear the diaper and therefore can now relax and stop for a coffee etc.
Thank you for your supportive comments

incontinence shouldn't be life-threatening
if you have a diaper people know it except you and you can drink coffee, cycle, ski, walk, and more at any time
Know that what you have is not your fault
And then if a friend knows the discussion I don't think what the weak bladder will be all day long

Philippe, I assume you mean:

If you have a diaper on people DON’T know it except now you stop and drink coffee, cycle ski walk etc.

Lol I am just clarifying for my own understanding lol as otherwise I don’t understand what you are trying to say my apologies. ;)

Blissfullyunaware isn’t nice when one can get back to “normal” activities without the major stress you are going to have an accident etc. at least for myself when I just accepted I needed to wear diapers it was so relieving in I could get back to the things I did prior with the issue of wetting myself in the middle because now I can as I am protected. ;).

It just shocked me how much stress it reduced for myself as I truly prior always under quantified how much stress it caused me.

Very happy for you that you are finding your way dealing with your incontinence issues and getting on with your life. Bet you are much happier as a result??

Cheers

Jason

Jwh51 said:
Philippe, I assume you mean:

If you have a diaper on people DON’T know it except now you stop and drink coffee, cycle ski walk etc.

Lol I am just clarifying for my own understanding lol as otherwise I don’t understand what you are trying to say my apologies. ;)

Blissfullyunaware isn’t nice when one can get back to “normal” activities without the major stress you are going to have an accident etc. at least for myself when I just accepted I needed to wear diapers it was so relieving in I could get back to the things I did prior with the issue of wetting myself in the middle because now I can as I am protected. ;).

It just shocked me how much stress it reduced for myself as I truly prior always under quantified how much stress it caused me.

Very happy for you that you are finding your way dealing with your incontinence issues and getting on with your life. Bet you are much happier as a result??

Cheers

Jason
Thanks Jason,

I personally have been distant from friends and I do not feel there is any need for them to know that I wear a diaper.
This particular group of friends are big drinkers and all nearly single. My marriage did suffer when I was haning with them because I too was drinking far too much.
It is nice to meet up every now and then with them and I am this Sunday and will be diapered up again!

Best wishes to the group.

100% agree with you blissfullyunaware majority of my friends don’t need to know I wear a diaper lol.

I was just happier in my life when I decided to wear diapers basically 24/7 to avoid any issues with my neurogenic dysfunctional bladder. Lol. I just truly didn’t realize how stressed I was when I was not wearing any protection about where’s the closest bathroom and can I make it in time lol. After a few accidents i eventually realized I am better off to just wear diapers.

Have a great weekend!! Cheers.

And I live with the motto happy wife much happier life! Cheers.

Jason

@Jwh51

Even family that knows cannot tell I am wearing a diaper. I had anxiety over going out, I still do. Truth is that no one knows and no ones that know don't care.

The only time that having it is an issue is when I am out of the house. Covid made a lot of this suck. Had a lot of issues where I would not have due to places being closed to inside customers.

I have had my Mom ask if I had to go to the bathroom more when I am with her than before this all started. Also, when I went to Florida with my dad and Nanny they both would wake me up and ask me if I need to go/ change. That is not a big deal to me because it was always done respectfully.

The other thing I will say is that I agree with Jason. After having a bad blowout with just a pul-up and pul pants on under my jeans I got over the idea that a pul-up was enough for my needs. That took some time to explain to my parents but they get it now.

As far as meeting up or seeing other families, I am still up in the air about seeing some people due to all of this but I am going to reach out today and maybe go visit some people.

@Blissfullyunaware Cool to hear your positive story. Like @Greensleeves351 said so often someone posts about a bad experience they had where their protection leaked, someone noticed their protection or other embarrassing situation. Always good to hear the positive stories to of people just going on with life like normal case, well, we can.

For the most part, with day or night issues it is easy to stay active and engaged with family and friends.

@DaveW49519 So cool to hear you stay sooooo active. I mt bike and kayak too. Course with only have an issue with bedwetting it is not so much of a problem when I am actually mt biking or kayaking but when traveling to do so I just pack some overnight pull-ups and all is good.

JT

@Jwh51

Sorry for the translation
I just wanted to say that if you see the thickness of the diaper through the pants, it doesn't matter, as long as you can do lots of beautiful things in life
Having a drink with friends, skiing, hiking, playing bocce, etc....and the diaper and the for incontinence

philippe said:
@Jwh51

Sorry for the translation
I just wanted to say that if you see the thickness of the diaper through the pants, it doesn't matter, as long as you can do lots of beautiful things in life
Having a drink with friends, skiing, hiking, playing bocce, etc....and the diaper and the for incontinence
Thank you for you comments.
I now wear baggier trousers as the diapers I now use are very thick. You cannot see any bulge at all. Off out later to meet my friends and will take a photo so you can see.
Best wishes

I must add that I think the winter season probably makes things clothes wise easier to hide a diaper!

d3b110a0aa7d14d7934485a53319dfe8.jpg
0d500b86d9569463c49c5cd2fac00f86.jpg
d8bff8f77b50d2f0544491bcbf903b53.jpg