Medication

Archives1

Staff member
Anyone familiar w Prazosic? Prescribed yesterday for certain aspects of PTSD. Also used for BPH but reading precautions seems it could increase bladder leakage.

One of the other uses is for bladder retention. Figured someone in this group might have some experience.

Thx

Didn't know PTSD was one of the causes, nor that Prazosic was used for that. Did you stumble on that other "side effect"?

Haven't heard as to whether PTSD is a cause or not. Medication is supposed to help with some of the PTSD symptoms of PTSD. Just started taking so haven't had any issues. Curious as to what to expect.

@Boomersway I originally thought the same thing, but I looked up Prazosic and it's a real OAB medication though I've had no experience with it.

@Squander:

Yes your right, and here it what I found on a quick search:

Prazosin (Minipress) is an oral medicine used to treat high blood pressure. Prazosin is a competitive alpha-1 adrenergic receptor blocker. By blocking alpha-1 receptors on muscle cesll that surround blood vessels, prazosin causes vasodilation (widening) of the blood vessels, and consequently decrease in blood pressure