Medicaid

Archives1

Staff member
I have Medicaid select plan NY. I had to resign up for my Medicaid year, I found out that I won't be able to get the plan that I was getting.i will be getting straight Medicaid which it doesn't cover a lot. Does anyone who lives in NY knows what straight Medicaid covers??? In the meantime I will be calling my social services Dept. and find out what is going on with my Medicaid. Does straight Medicaid cover diapers too.please help.

NYS Medicaid does cover diapers, pull ups, etc. Quality isn’t great, so I end up using “booster pads”, which are also covered. You can get x number of units total, so you have to balance the number of pull-ups vs pads that you want. I’m on straight Medicaid and I prefer it and feel the coverage is good, aside from the quality of incon products. Medicaid gives so much $ per unit, so the companies decide what product they will provide for that $. Sometimes changing companies might provide better quality products. Let me know if I can help any.

No I am not veteran thanks for info about straight Medicaid diapers coverage. It helps me out and I won't have to pay out of pocket for the diapers. I just wish that you could get plastic backing instead of cloth backing diapers, I find that plastic backing are better quality and diapers don't tear as easily cloth like diapers.