Me and my machine

Archives1

Staff member
I suffered an injury that makes walking very difficult without a rollator. I found by trial and error a very long lasting one from Drivetime that is apparently covered by medicaid, i bought before i met someone who had one.
I am the envy of those standing in line at the post office, seated on the fold out seat, i twirl like a ballerina around tables on its bicycle like wheels navigating nice restaurants and invariably am asked where one can buy a Drive rollator because they know someone...
I navigate cobblestone streets and packed antique shops, even walked 2 miles of a mountainside, the tallest in North Carolina to see a theatrical performance.
It folds up neatly to an anorexic curve shape out off the way and is as light as the cheapest models of rollator. It costs very little more than the normal ones but lasts "forever". I abuse mine and it is still going when i would have gone through 3 in the same 2 years.
If you are 5'7" or taller i suggest get the tall version.
This is as close to flying on my bicycle or dancing like a natural born carribean queen as i have found since the seminal fall that shortened my leg but not my life.
Google Drive Rollator.
And listen up to James Taylor, Millworker, its a wistful longing for the freedom of mobility

That is awesome that you are able to get around and find a way to cope with yet another disability!! So very very happy for you!!

My mother used to ram people in the backs of their knees in crowds with her ordinary rollator. You know, the kind that are red with a flat black seat.She never was a dancer.
I forgot what i was doing in the bathroom the other day and hovered over the toilet while peeing. Started dancing to the pop music blaring from the tv...
Clean up on aisle 7. Tremendously awkward person in the guest bathroom alert!