Maybe others will know

Archives1

Staff member
Greetings. I want to share where I am at to see if any of you awesome people have any input. Happy holidays to you all.
I am a 36 YO Male.
Combat vet, 2 years in Iraq and 6 Months Afghanistan
I have muscle spasms and nerve pain all over. Random locations, comes and goes.
I can’t sleep well, I toss and turn all night long. Sudden noise startled me and engages my adrenaline.
I don’t feel the need to pee or poop in the normal places. The urge to urinate that used to be in the lower abdomen is now in the last place you can feel it before exiting.
I don’t have a full bowel feeling either. Just the oh-no feeling right before it exits the body.
I haven’t had consistent normal or solid BM in 15 years. Maybe one every 6-9 months. The rest are liquid (sorry for TMI).
No MS. I have one semi-busted disk in my cervical neck.
Nobody knows what’s wrong with me and I’m so tired of not getting answers.
I’ve resorted to amazon’s pull ups by day and Abena L4’s for nighttime.
I’m almost always wet in the morning. I only have fecal accidents rarely. I wear the pull ups because I’m afraid, and they catch the after urination leakage.
This definitely is challenging. I appreciate all your encouragement. I’m def not looking for Sorey’s or thanks for my service. I’m seeing if anyone else has traveled the same medical journey.

Keep your heads up. I’m so glad for your stories and compassion for each other. I’m proud of each one of you for continuing. For striving for a new normal. I just want an enemy (to know what’s wrong) so I can fight.
Y’all are the best.

No words of wisdom, Arthur, but I feel your pain. It seems like incontinence is one big “I don’t know” in the medical community.

I could cry to be honest I fell asleep last night without my blue pad in the recliner woke up an hour later soaked there was even a river in the floor around the recliner. This morning the same soaked to my ankles and halfway up my back I’m so disgusted today and depressed. Arthur I pray you get answers and I too am grateful for this forum and the people in it

Hi Arthur,

If it is hurting to pee in the shaft of the penis I would go get double checked you do not have a urinary track infection.

I am glad you wrote no ms as otherwise I would have said it sounds like possible ms.

For the muscle spasms and nerve pain to me it sounds like an auto immune condition of some sort.

Are you on any of the drugs for nerve pain either gabbapentin, pristiq, or cymbalta, are the ones I can instantly think of as perhaps they will help you. Pristiq and cymbalta are also anti depressants / anti anxiety meds in addition to nerve pain relief. Just a few to consider if you haven’t discussed any with your doctors I would recommend doing so.

I wish you success in finding answers and getting a diagnosis and I hope you can feel much better in short order.

Merry Christmas and hopefully something positive / magical happens to you this Christmas Season.

Jason.

@Arthur do keep asking questions even if you think you are not getting any answers. Maybe ask if there is another doctor you can get another opinion from? Have a great Christmas, cheers Phil

Kat, i started my incontinence by sleeping on the biggest most beautiful sofa i had ever owned. Cloth and plushy fabric. I cant tell you how i soaked it stubbornly unforgivingly as i struggled to come to terms with it wasn't one bad night.
I tried hiring carpet upholstery cleaner companies. Temporary assistance but it helped abit.
For starters i suggest you take a cintainer or urine be gone or natures Miracle and douse the seat, of it on the recliner then place towels on the seat and put heavy objects on that to absorb the wet repeat frequently.

Kat, I suggest you do what Maymay wrote. Then, once your recliner is clean and dry, this is what I do for my recliner:

I always have a double layer of waterproof sheets, on top of which I have a double layer of waterproof washable chair pads. I wear a double diaper. With all this protection, I never leak through to the recliner, itself. I don't think that the blue pads are nearly as absorbent as the waterproof washable pads.

Wishing everyone well and more ease in life.

Kat, it sure gets old. I changed my upholstered recliner for a vinyl one. Now the recliner doesn’t soak it up, but it runs off the chair to the rug. I have a four-month-old puppy who is not housebroken yet. My roommate keeps telling me it smells like urine by my recliner. Darn puppy! (It’s not one of his spots, but the roommate is kind of dim and I don’t think he has caught on...) I also decided to close the bathroom door at all times after the puppy decided an unused pull up looked like a fun toy and dragged it into the living room. Oh the joys... but the puppy, a standard poodle, is spectacular. We both just have to survive this stage. He will be my new service dog. And just because we apparently aren’t having enough fun the week before Christmas, the heater on my water bed died. I’ll be replacing it over the weekend, but my roommate can’t understand why I don’t just sleep on the couch. Please! It’s FABRIC! So I’m trying to pile enough waterproof things over padded things so I can sleep on the bed without becoming a popsicle. I hope you all are hanging a good week and not too much pre-holiday stress!

Hi Kat,
Sorry to hear about the flood. We have a PUL waterproof cover on our mattresses. (I have learned to many lessons about the mattress cover, the hard way).
I have been using the mega max briefs at night and the have really helped to prevent leaks although I like to sleep on my side and stomach allot and still end up with leaks once in a while. Walmart has a spray bottle called “Natures Miracle” it gets rid of stains and odors. The stuff is incredible.
Northshore also has PUL material diaper covers (plastic pants with the plastic) they are cooler, breathable, and pretty comfy over a diaper or pads. They also cut down on diaper noise.
Just wanted to say hi and thank you for the post. Wish all of you a Blessed Holiday Season.
Jim

Thanks everyone for your comments. I’m grateful for the feedback. This gets pretty exhausting. There is so much Love in this world. My wife fights everyday to love and encourage me. I’m grateful for her and for y’all.

Hey Arthur, ive been thinking some about your situation.
You know the expression keep your friends close but your enemies closer?
Well your body is not the enemy but someone you want to
be friends with.
Since youve done medical tests so ruled out various "reasons" how about going full scale kindness to this body of yours.
Find a good masseuse in your area and schedule some massage. Take soaks in a hot bath with epsom salts.
Schedule in some quiet time, every few days, for yourself to lie down and close your eyes and let your mind flow with no interruptions.
Obviously i dont know where you live, city or country etc so these are just ideas to consider and adapt.
If you can. go into nature, find a big tree and sit up against it. Lean back on it and let the feeling of strength come over you.
A tree thats 50 or more years old has seen alot and still keeps on, slowly calmly and strong.