Massage

Archives1

Staff member
Yesterday my wife really wanted to get a massage and thought I would like one too. She had performed a number of songs in a 3 set big band concert Saturday evening. And really needed one. I had been doing a lot of outside yard work and needed one too. As an aside I was going to upload a video or audio of one of her songs but could not figure it out.

Anyways we went to a local place run by a middle aged Chinese couple. I had the lady and she had the man. I decided to leave my pull-up on. I went to the bathroom before the 90 minute massage. There were a couple times where she adjusted the pull-up down to do her work. She did not say anything. After she had me roll over on my back I could feel I was going to need to go soon, but I made it through and used the bathroom afterwards.

So upshot is that I am glad I got the msssage. I felt much better afterwards and it was not embarrassing.

Great to hear! I would have no problem using the bathroom during the massage, like on rolling over, if needed.

Being a rookie in the world of incontinence, my regular massage appointment was a concern. Turns out it was not an issue at all. In working on my lower back, she moved my pullup down a bit and was meticulous in preserving my dignity. She finally asked how I was handling my new issue...related to colon cancer and a couple other problems. She suggested Kegel exercises and related her experience with other massage clients. So helpful and understanding.

@DWLCPAJD @jbo - So great that you didn't let it intimidate you into not doing it. We have so much to think about in doing EVERYTHING, big or little. Good job! - Pam

I hope one day I can afford a massage. With nobody in my life to touch me, I could really use one. I’m soooooo tense because I’m such an anxious person. I don’t know if anyone has ever touched me with purpose for 90 minutes straight!

This sounds wonderful as I don’t have anyone to touch me either. Maybe one of these days I’ll treat myself to a nice massage.

@JosephC They cost at least $150 here in the U.S. just for 60 minutes, $220 for 90 minutes. $90 for a facial.

@snow Hi snow, I was just looking and they are about 100 euro here so I guess that’s a deal. That’s very expensive over there.

I can get massages around here (Chicagoland) for less. Maybe more competition here, which would drive prices down.

The Asian parlors which typically have Chinese ladies generally are $60 to $70 in most US cities. Tip additional as with any service provider. No frills like a spa, just massage. They do put their whole body into it and so it can be a lot harder massage. I think my wife pays $100 for 90 minutes from a male masseuse. He used to come to our home with a table once a month for hour for each of us for $140 total. That was over 10 years ago and he is more established now and does not do out-call.

Because some Asian places may be sketchy, a woman may not want to go by themselves.

@snow - One of my sisters lives in Western NY. She goes to a national chain where you can sign up for a membership or not.
- If you are a member - $75 per month which includes one 60 minute massage. Also discounts on 90 minute or 2 hour massages - that does not include a tip.
- If you are not a member, a 60 minute massage is over $100
- She did check out other places. The average price for a 60 minute massage was a minimum $75
- Pam