Male Booster Pads

Archives1

Staff member
I've been using 5-7 Depends a day for the past two years. It suddenly dawned on me that I might try adding a booster pad to the pull-on underwear to extend the time between changes. Had a vacation in Hawaii with a 6:45 hour flight that wasn't pleasant on several levels...

Questions:
1) Has anyone else done this?
2) If so, how does one determined which size pad to use?
3) If it's doable, what is the best brand?

Thanks in advance for any info...

Bo

I do that sometime. I use the Depend heavy duty pad inside the Depend pull on. I went that route today as I had a trip to the urologist today for a cystoscopy. I place the pad without removing the sheet over the adhesive. The pad still stays in place that way. I had removing the sheet, but the adhesive would tend to damage the Depend pull-ons.

Most days, I use and external catheter with a leg bag and I find that to be much better for me. I use the a silicone pad from Coloplast WITHOUT aloe. I had tried the ones with aloe, and they left an awful gummy residue. Some nights, it would take me 30 to 45 minutes to remove the condom and clean up.

I use a leg bag and tube from Hollister that connects directly to the condom. I roll the condom catheter on the penis, and then connect it to the tube. The Hollister bag has wide straps that stay in place betweent the knee and the ankle. I can wear it from when I get up in the morning until I go to bed at night. I've been using one of these bags for about 30 days before changing, and after several months, have had no infection problem. I do use a bit of alcohol to clean the end that attaches to the condom.

To drain the bag, I just to to a toilet, raise the seat and place the foot with the bag on the porcelain, and flip down the lever on the bag to drain it in 10-15 seconds. The valve sits right above my ankle, so its a convenient location.
Glenn77

Booster pads with an "overnight" diaper is the only thing that keeps me dry but then my voidings are always so huge, I need that extra protection even with an overnight. I have totally given up on pull-ups.

My husband (78) has Parkinson's disease and had a prostatectomy so is dealing with a double wammy and mostly the night time incontinence is the problem. When he uses his grab bar to get out of bed, it compresses his bladder and fills his pads before he can stand up. At this time he has abandoned the male Depends pads for night time use since the absorbent part is in front and sleeping on his back, there is no protection. He uses the women's nighttime pads extra absorbency from Sam's Club mail order (Membersmark) with a Tranqulity TopLiner booster pad I order from Amazon. He does not use pull ups, as they are too hard to pull down in a hurry. He has just recently started taking 50 mg. Mybretriq (VERY expensive) and and has had some relief with that.