Make your own kind of music

Archives1

Staff member
Sing your own special song - Make your own kind of music... even if nobody else sings along. ❤️

Its been very nice out; been opening up the windows, curtains, and blinds and its so nice to have the natural light and air in my apartment.

The planets seem to be alinging - i hope you all are enjoying the nice start to spring as well.

Sincerely,
Honeeecombs

@Honeeecombs, Happy to learn from you that the planets are aligning and that spring is brightening your days!

@Honeeecombs We’re in our deepest winter here, which is also the deepest winter ever anywhere on recorded earth. We’ve had over 800” of snow and a three day long storm just started last night that’s going to bring another 48 inches. It’s been sunny exactly five days since Nov. 1, 2022. It’s been stormy and darkly grey and cloudy for over four months now. I’m tired of getting up in the mornings and opening my blinds to grey, brown, dead earth, and dreariness. Still snow everywhere. Snowing today. My birthday last week usually sees croci, daffodils, and tulips blooming, but there are zero flowers this year. Our highs are still 35° with lows of 19°. The birds aren’t back yet. Longest winter ever. Fortunately I love the cold and the snow. But it’s been very depressing with all the grey. People are really starting to get depressed here. Farmers haven’t been able to plant their crops. If it heats up fast in May to 100’F like it usually does, all that snowpack will melt very quickly and bring disastrous flooding. Accordingly, people across the state are sandbagging like crazy. In 1983, which was a similarly deep year with ultra-rapid snowmelt, we had to turn State Street into a river by using sandbags. We now have several more reservoirs up in the mountains, and water storage basins in the valleys, but we may still have to build a river in the middle of the city again. The sides of all the other rivers are getting sandbagged in preparation for that snow melt. Who knows, maybe we’ll have a gradual warming up and get a cool summer for a change. Everybody would welcome that. The past several summers here have had over 20 days over 110°. When I was growing up, we would barely hit 100° a couple of times a summer. Interesting times. I’m glad it’s spring where you are! Sounds lovely!

It's always so heartening to hear you as sounding so well! What ever you are doing in the balancing of life it's working and delighted in your spirited comment!

@Snow, sorry it is so dreary for you. My daughter lives just up the street about 3 hours and she is telling me pretty much the same thing. I am trying to find time at work and for the weather to get better to go visit. I love that part of the country.

How do people here know when it’s someone else’s birthday? On Facebook, for example, I get an email every day telling me who’s birthday it is that day. Here I never get notified. I definitely don’t have time to check the profile of every member every day to see if it’s their birthday. So how do you guys find out?

@Snow I only knew you had a birthday because you said so in one of the post in this thread. Other than that, I don't know unless some site tells me or I know them. Not on Facebook or Twitter or any of those.

Snow in the identity area of the person they an put in birthday location etc.
Many don't. S someone looks your identity up to learn the birthday or it's mentioned in a post

The recent rains are not dampening me. Spring is springing here. Second mowing of the year of the yard done today.