Major rant, but got some solutions so...

Archives1

Staff member
Spent quite a bit of time getting stuff done at the hospital today.

I had to go to records to see what the deal was with them not sending out what my insurance asked for. Well, records sent 10 letters to my insurance telling them that they need a set document to get anything more than my after-visit summaries and insurance never set me that document to fill out.

I also learned that the agency doing my social security also sent requests for information the same way and also was only given the after-visit summaries. That makes a lot of sense as to why I have been denied twice. They have been given no notes, no diagnosis, and no treatment tried by myself and doctors.

This is major stupid on the part of people that should be helping me get the services that I need.

The lady at the records office said that this is a big mess up by
people that say they are trying to help me. She said that they work with both organizations that I am using all the time and never had this much trouble giving them information. They never requested me to fill out the hospital's need form and the hospital requested it ten times from my insurance and five-time already from the agency doing my social security.

Also, I have to wait to get called to set up to get all my ostomy supplies. I was told 180 medical would call me today after speaking to my ostomy nurse but never got called.

The good thing about today is that talking to the records department told me that they/everyone working with/for me messed up and now I have proof and a way to get them on track to fix their mess up.

I’m glad to hear you are making progress, apparently on a few fronts! Everything in the medical community is a mess right now, much due to Covid. I finally saw the top Neuro in the area today after a 16 month delay!
As I mentioned in the past, my Cousin who is close as a little brother to me went through the same as you are going through with the ostomy 20+ years ago and after a bit of adjustment he says his life has never been better! He was so sick he doesn’t even remember High School, and was thin as a rail.Now he is married to not only a wonderful wife, but one of the best cooks I’ve ever met! He could lose a few pounds!
I know it’s hard, but your patience and tenacity WILL pay off.
Wish you nothing but the best, keep fighting!