Lymphedema & Fecal Incontinence

Archives1

Staff member
Have Lymphedema of lower extremities, abdomen, genitalia. Also have FI. So always feel wet in crotch. And it feels like all this fluid is poring out of my abdomen when I use the bathroom. Also when use bathroom feels like urine running down my legs. I wear compression stockings, 20-30, for the Lymphedema. By the end of the day it feels like I'm wading in water up to my waist -- especially when standing & walking around. For that reason I mostly sit or lay down. This is not keeping me physically fit. The Lymphedema & FI keep me from exercising due to the awful sensations I have. Somehow, I've got to convince myself that the sensations are from inside my body & not on my skin. Well the FI is on my skin though. The clear fluid & the mucous are my FI. Anyone else have these sensations?

You know, I looked it up. So I see it's caused by constipation. I was using Linzess (RX med that causes one to have a bowel movement) for the problem but it causes severe stomach cramps now. So am taking Dr. Mercola's Fermented Moringa Powder tablets -- a supplement. Moringa causes me to have a bowel movement. One has 2 b careful 2 not take too many tablets in a day. You can end up getting diarrhea if you use too many. I can also use Jerusalem Artichoke from Swanson Vitamins. It also contains another ingredient, a fibrous root that causes one to have a bowel movement. One has 2 b very careful with taking this one too. It can also cause diarrhea.