Looking for a breathable diaper for summer

I’ve had a lot of luck with the NorthShore MegaMax Air, they’re super comfortable and they do a decent job at containing odors. And the tapes tend to stay in place.

Cloth backed products would be the best way to go, although as @DPCARE says, there are drawbacks. Personally, I figure it's a trade off in the summer months - what you lose in terms of odour control you gain in comfort and skin protection.

I've found using the Tena Ultima cloth-backed nappies with a decent booster is provides a decent amount of protection. I've had issues in the past when I haven't used a booster but with a booster I haven't had any issues yet.

That being said, if I want to be sure I won't leak, I still use plastic backed products and change regularly. It's probably stating the obvious but wearing shorts really helps protect against overheating. I used to wear jeans in pretty much all weathers but wear shorts in the summer now.

I don't agree that all breathable briefs are going to emit an odor- what matters is the odor- reducing properties of the product, and of course, how long you wear a brief after an episode. Add to that the volume that you void- if it isn't excessive, there won't be problems as readily as with a major flooding.
As for product recommendations, if you aren't a heavy wetter, or if you will at all times have easy access to changing facilities, something like Prevail Breezers might be adequate for you. These are good products quality-wise, but are not long-wear briefs, nor do they boast super absorption rates, but for me, they are quite often enough- providing I can access a private bathroom when out and about. Good luck.

First of all, I want to start off and qualify myself and make it clear that I am not AB/DL I am fully incontinent due to injuries sustained in a car crash well the same crash that caused my incontinence all caused permanent issues with my legs when my legs got crushed the way they were it comprised the lymphatic system in my legs and now to keep my legs intact to prevent cellulitis and leg ulcers I now have to wear compression wraps on my legs full time so my legs need access to allow for wrap changes on my legs the last time I wore a pair of jeans was about 20 years ago I had a wound care appointment and I showed up wearing jeans I wound up having to strip down and put on a gown to allow access to my legs ever since then I determined that wearing jeans were not a way to allow access to my legs ever since then I have stuck to athletic pants with zippers or snaps at the ankles or tear-away pants the athletic pants have been a great way to conceal my diapers often the athletic pants help make enough noise to conceal diaper noise well I recently bought a pair of jeans from Tykeables now I realize Tykeables is an AB/DL Web site and these are AB/DL they are intended to mimic Toddler Jeans and they are rather pricey at $80.00 but because these do have the snaps up the legs which allows access to my legs and because they are designed to mimic Toddler Jeans they are designed to wear and fit well with diapers they are very comfortable I do intend to buy a couple of more pairs now the reason I brought these jeans up is you mentioned wearing shorts in place of jeans due to breathability we with theses jeans having a snap crotch you can get air blowing though the snaps especially on a windy day so these could be an option to wear in the event you want to wear jeans in place of shorts I personally no longer wear shorts due to my leg wraps but after about 20 years I can finally wear jeans again

Sci_Fi_Fan said:
Cloth backed products would be the best way to go, although as @DPCARE says, there are drawbacks. Personally, I figure it's a trade off in the summer months - what you lose in terms of odour control you gain in comfort and skin protection.

I've found using the Tena Ultima cloth-backed nappies with a decent booster is provides a decent amount of protection. I've had issues in the past when I haven't used a booster but with a booster I haven't had any issues yet.

That being said, if I want to be sure I won't leak, I still use plastic backed products and change regularly. It's probably stating the obvious but wearing shorts really helps protect against overheating. I used to wear jeans in pretty much all weathers but wear shorts in the summer now.
4602d5cb46597a148896ed07fadf6fdd.png

@Jayindiapers,

If you can provide more information regarding what your needs are, suggestions can be more in range of what you are looking for. E.g., absorbency needed, urine and/or fecal, mobility issues, self sufficient or assistant, and cost range to name a few factors.

Summer can be challenging depending on temperatures and humidity levels.

DPCARE said:
First of all, I want to start off and qualify myself and make it clear that I am not AB/DL I am fully incontinent due to injuries sustained in a car crash well the same crash that caused my incontinence all caused permanent issues with my legs when my legs got crushed the way they were it comprised the lymphatic system in my legs and now to keep my legs intact to prevent cellulitis and leg ulcers I now have to wear compression wraps on my legs full time so my legs need access to allow for wrap changes on my legs the last time I wore a pair of jeans was about 20 years ago I had a wound care appointment and I showed up wearing jeans I wound up having to strip down and put on a gown to allow access to my legs ever since then I determined that wearing jeans were not a way to allow access to my legs ever since then I have stuck to athletic pants with zippers or snaps at the ankles or tear-away pants the athletic pants have been a great way to conceal my diapers often the athletic pants help make enough noise to conceal diaper noise well I recently bought a pair of jeans from Tykeables now I realize Tykeables is an AB/DL Web site and these are AB/DL they are intended to mimic Toddler Jeans and they are rather pricey at $80.00 but because these do have the snaps up the legs which allows access to my legs and because they are designed to mimic Toddler Jeans they are designed to wear and fit well with diapers they are very comfortable I do intend to buy a couple of more pairs now the reason I brought these jeans up is you mentioned wearing shorts in place of jeans due to breathability we with theses jeans having a snap crotch you can get air blowing though the snaps especially on a windy day so these could be an option to wear in the event you want to wear jeans in place of shorts I personally no longer wear shorts due to my leg wraps but after about 20 years I can finally wear jeans again

Sci_Fi_Fan said:

4602d5cb46597a148896ed07fadf6fdd.png

I’ve noticed that Abena Abri form X plus breathe fairly well and you don’t give up that much protection. That’s what ive been using at night now. Only one leak but I was in a weird position.

Prevail air plus stretchable briefs are a good breathable diaper. They feel like underwear as they have stretch on each side. They stay fit and doesn’t loosen. Great summer diaper.

I utilize Total Dry Breathable with booster and just try to make sure I change before they start to leak. If out and about and no place to change I use mega max or Better Dry.