Leaking in diapers

Archives1

Staff member
Hello, I have frequent dripping and which I leak almost every minute of very small drop of urine. I started to wear depends, and then I even tried Tenna and I noticed the drops still get out periodically. Does anyone else have a similar experience where the pull ups are still leaking? Thank you

If you are using pullups, you may need to consider a different brand. Northshore Go Supreme are pretty good, and they are generous with samples. You might also want to try a tape-on diaper or plastic pants over the pullup. Finally, you may need to change more frequently. Moving around all day can loosen the pullup, particularly the leg holes, causing leaks.

I have had leaks with pull-ups. I use tena pull-ups thy are good but i am mostly in a taped on diaper. Pull-ups only for quick trips out.I have tried the north shore pull-ups very good but I need the protection of the diaper for me

Prevail air stretchable brief. They are like a pull-up but have tapes on the side. They have elastic like a pull-up that is easy to use like underwear. It’s cloth like and the tape is 4” long. Once it’s on it looks like and feels that you are wearing a pull-up. Best thing no leaks and they aren’t bulky .

Pull ups are OK but I have had noticeable leaks even when only just wet not soaked. Some are better than others. The tena Maxi or Boots maxi ones are OK during the day although a bit bulky. Pull ups are no good at night though. There is no substitute for a good adult nappy.

I use Tena pads. I have had occasional small drips or leaks when I don't have the pads lined up properly on my underwear, and the bottom vee part of the pad becomes over saturated.

I have urge and stress incontinence While I use pull ups at times, they have more leaks at the legs. The diapers I wear have leak guards which keep the urine away from the leg seam. The diaper I use is better dry and they are very absorbent and I wear them day and night.

It may not be the preferred choice for some but I use a condom catheter with a small Coloplast active leg bag which I store neatly inside my underpants, it collects all the drips and keeps me dry.

When I 1st started my voyage through this Incontinence that we are in I was using Pull-Ups, but I flooded them too often and leaked. I now wear a good Brief (Diaper) with a Booster and Plastic Pants to keep it all in and together, especially at night or when out and about. I have very few leaks and have been Incontinent 24/7 for 3 going on 31/2 years now.

I agree with Danman. Hard to get a leak with GoSupreme if you have drips. They have the leg guards that Depends do not have. Also, the moisture is pulled away and you will not feel wet. I also agree with Sarge2630 if you need higher capacity. I have the Megamax briefs, trifecta pant and booster pads but have not needed. The booster pad can also be used in the GoSupreme if needed, use size small since you do not want to cover the leak guards.

My issue is that I seem to be leaking very little (5 or 6 ml per day) but I seem to frequently have a wet butt (and crack)!

You need to invest in quality disposables to try and control leaks. I use Abena m4, better dry, and seni super Quattro, all with a tranquility booster. I rarely have any leaking issues (during the day). Only when I try and really push my capacity do I have and leak issues and then it’s my own fault. Make sure you are using the correct size diaper and the legs and waist are snug, especially the legs.

I have never found pull ups capable of dealing with my day time incontinence without leaking. I was already wearing adult nappies to manage my bed wetting so it made sense to simply also wear them during the day. I wear the Tena Slip Maxi Active Fit and will on average go through three during the day and one overnight. Finding the right product to manage one’s incontinence is vital as it gives you confidence to lead a normal life.

I don’t ever use pull ups as my wetting is usually regular which requires quality high capacity tape on diapers.