Leaking from both ends

Archives1

Staff member
I was recently diagnosed with constipation with overflow. I have been trying to find the right laxative cocktail. Nothing worked until I started drinking copious amounts of water. Now I'm leaking from the other end. I'm hoping this is because I've developed bronchitis and late onset asthma. But.,.. am I forced to choose between my bladder and my bowel?

I have found that lots of water, 6 to 8 glasses a day, in addition to some form of exercise including walking are the best laxative for constipation. Yes, the water might aggravate your incontinence, but no more than the constipation will. Also, a cup of coffee with raw honey mixed in also works well for me. The oils in coffee stimulate the intestines and honey is a natural laxative.

warm water in the morning and tea later. I try to walk 4-5 times weekly almost an hour daily each.
2 cups coffee daily - breakfast and lunch only one each.

After my my prostate surgery , it takes time but all is slowly starting to heal and feel normal.

still wear diapers. no constipation. hope this helps.

@Joya

For me, water became more important with age. It is usually in the laxative instructions that you must drink lots of water. I use MiraLAX and Milk of Magnesia; they both require lots of water.

Walking is always advised, but not always possible if you have other painful disabilities like I do.

I recommend Dulcolax suppositories for total relief of constiperions within 15-20 minutes. It will give you bowel cramps for those 15 minutes but thorough cleaning out is totally worth it.