Laugh challenge.

Archives1

Staff member
9eebb7b6c4559678440c1f2b24c07f92.jpg

Want laughs? I have the complete books with the comic strips Farside and Calvin & Hobbs, which are old enough that a used edition ought to be cheap. Leave them on the coffee table and turn about two pages a day!
Now Dunebury has the 50th anniversary edition, all the strips, but it's digital, one memory stick.
Dang it! I was in college when Dunesbury started, the Vietnam war was on, and we students all loved it, as the characters were also depicted as college students. Then a few years later, he decided that his characters should "age" as in real life. Great idea. I'm tired of Dennis the Menace or Beetle Baily never aging, or others. It tends to have to repeat the jokes. The "army" in Beetle Baily is very very out of date. There's even more satire ideas in the modern armed services.(Not about the troops, about the command....)

I have all the Pogo books (Walt Kelly), and even the vinyl record. The record is hilarious.
Not the Little Abner (Al Capp), though. I don't think there was ever a complete book. I liked it. That's where Sadie Hawkins Day comes from.

We didn't fight to the top of the food chain to be vegetarians....
Being a vegetarian between meals is like being a pacifist between wars. [I couldn't help myself, as my wife just read them to me off the internet.]

The best medicine is humor!

Hi @AlasSouth, Doonesbury is 50 years old now???? It doesn't seem possible! Of course I've been following Doonesbury quite closely for the last four years and am eager to see how he's going to treat the next four. And I do know Farside and Calvin and Hobbes. Pogo I don't remember a whole lot but the names on their little skiff always changed. But if Dennis the Menace aged as in real life he probably wouldn't be much fun and Mr. (and Mrs. for that matter) Wilson would be long gone!