Labor Day

Archives1

Staff member
I hope everyone here is having a nice and safe Labor Day and are with friends and family even if from a "Virtual" or distancing standpoint. After all, there's always the phone!
Quiet in my neck of the woods, though.
Cheers!🍺

Same to you @billliveshere, thanks. Hope your day was great too.

@23andpee What are you playing? Been a long long while since I gamed. GTA was my favourite one along with ones where I was flying a higher jet. I'd be several hours on a game and have to put the controller down to detach myself from the game.

Happy Labor Day to you too @jrpoorman Hope you are having a great one.

Happy labor day to all of you also. I spent my day at Lowe's. My local Lowe's was all out of brown mulch. So I had to go to the next closest one. They had 4500 bags in stock. I got my 15. Will put down this week after work. Going to put some burgers on the grill, and have a cold beer. Gotta go back to work tomorrow. Fortunately, I am semi-retired and only work part-time. Still not enough hours in the day.

Happy Labor Day!! I spent my day laboring at work but came home to a wonderful home made spaghetti and meatball Dinner!! ❤️ Lucky me!! Hope you all had a great day

I don't know much about those games but if it involves flying a higher jet I think I could really go for that! I'm sure my computer is not equipped for any of that!!! If anything, it's probably only equipped for me to drive a tractor-type of game or maybe even a tricycle!:D And if I were doing a flying game I'm sure I would have a hard time pulling myself away from it!
And @artiejr, burgers on the grill and cold beer really sounds like a plan! Please have some for us!!!🍺

Hi @Petejc, Homemade spaghetti and meatballs! Can't get much better than that! Please save some for us!:D

Take a blast into the past. Someone ported Pajama Sam over to new operating systems! My grandson loved it - more years ago than I want to remember. Found the old Pong set in the attic about 14 years ago. Newer TVs couldn't connect and we pitched it.
billliveshere: There are some very realistic setups - like simulators for flying commercial jets. 737 anyone?

Very fortunate my best friend my Texas brother is here. We had a hike in the woods and a picnic on the grill with my daughters SO and the little girls in our families. Weather is spectacular and being with lived ones unbelievable joy.
(My family is so spread out from coast to coast we don't see each other enough. Most holidays are me trying to make merry like a crazy one armed paper hanger with the 2 I have here.

Had my burgers and cold beer. Couldn't do yard work today. Torrential overnight rain with some hit or miss downpours here in Cleveland Ohio. Supposedly it will not be to bad this week. Will work in yard this week and weekend. Hope you all had a safe and enjoyable labor day.

Sounds like a lot of fun, @Maymay941. You are very lucky and blessed and it seems your day was most memorable. And the hike in the woods sounds great, along with your cookout! I hike in the woods whenever I can.
And @AlasSouth, years ago I did the simulator flying thing when I went to someone's house to do an interview for the paper. Forgot what type of plane it was, something very small, like a Cessna. But I almost had to be dragged away from there! It was that mesmerizing. I only left because I had to turn in the story and make deadline! I'd love to try the commercial jet simulators but I'd spend the whole day on it at the expense of everything else (including this forum!) Maybe you guys here won't think that'll be so bad after all! :D:D And a 737 is very tempting indeed! But my favorites in real life are the 727 and Lockheed L-1011. Any simulators for those?

Billliveshere: Mentioned the 737 only because I subscribe to the MentourPilot you-tube channel. I expect there is a "home" sim for many planes. It's a frequent topic on there. There are some pretty realistic computer-based simulators programs for home use. For those who are into such things, there is the virtual reality headsets (is that the right name?) I don't dare get into that! I'd never do anything else. 🍺 I'd like to "fly" a P-38.
Right now, I'm settling for a walk on the beach on Cook Inlet with 120 pounds of mutt. At least the volcanos were clear, this afternoon.
Get a chance, check out the Alaska Volcano Observatory website AVO.edu. The home page tells you which ones are active. Only three, today, and they aren't near me, and are pretty whimpy at the moment. There is a drop-down list of volcano names.
Then check the webcams for Mt. Redoubt, Mt. Illiamna, and Mt. Spur. If the weather isn't clear, each volcano has a photo archive. We are right across the inlet from Redoubt, Illiamna to the S., and Spur to the N. (And with that view, why do people ask me why I live in Alaska???)
Cheers, everyone!

Well, AlasSouth it's good that only three volcanoes were active today and they aren't near you. I wouldn't want to contemplate an evacuation with a steaming lava flow chasing you! It sounds like you live right on Cook Inlet so the view from your back door must be pretty awesome! Best thing about that is you can see all different moods as the weather changes. For that matter you can mount a trail camera and point it toward the other side of the inlet and you'll have a good record of all the different weather you get and you can put it on Youtube or Facebook or whatever is your pleasure.
I guess virtual reality headsets is the right name. I'm not a tech expert by any stretch of the imagination. But it would probably surround you with all of the sounds and radio transmissions etc. If I had something like that someone would have to air drop dinner to me because I would never leave the set!:D
After all they now make HO (and other scales) train locomotive models with complete authentic sounds such as engines revving up, bells, horns, etc., or all the bells and whistles, if you will! :D And something like that would be hard to leave as well! It's far cry from the old Lionel sets that circled the Christmas tree!
Hope you had a good walk with your four-footed "best friend!"
Cheers!🍺

It was looking like I was going to be home for the weeking then I got invited to a small cookout. I reluctingly went just to get away from home and work. We did kareoke, I sang "Dark As A Dungeon" with no music and won the contest. I ended up making out with a lady that was there until sun up. I was starting to think maybe those days was over for me. I havent heard from her since, maybe I never will. Im glad I went, I had a good time. Thats how we social distance here in north Texas.

Well, @Ruhappy, a small cookout would work for me these days! :D I'm not hard to please! And winning a contest and making out with a lady and there until sun-up? Wow!:cool: What more could you want??? And you never know, you might hear from her again, in her own good time! If not do you have her phone number? All in all sounds like a pretty good holiday to me! 🍺

@billliveshere Right. I do have her number and shes on my messenger. I dont usually make contact after being physical like that, its just been my experience if she had a good time and wants to meet again she will make it happen. These ladies can move mountains for what/who they really want. And Im pretty busy and not into the normal dating stuff or texting all the time. I just enjoy things for what they are with no expectations.

For non Americans like me it's a normal day bit like st Patrick's day being a normal day despite it being my countrys national day of celebration or holiday.